2 Dinner Recipes for Your Third Trimester of Pregnancy
When you're facing the last weeks of gestation, nutrition remains as central as it was during the first two trimesters. In today's article, we want to offer a few simple and healthy dinner recipes to help you plan your meals in this final stage of pregnancy.
In just 3 months, you’ll be holding your new addition in your arms. Now is the time to take extra precaution to assure everything goes well. Today’s dinner recipes for your third trimester of pregnancy will help you achieve the healthy diet you need.
As women approach their due date, they need proper nourishment to have enough energy to give birth. This depends greatly on the good eating habits they practice during their final months of pregnancy.
To help future mothers out in this final stage, we want to offer three dinner recipes for your third trimester. Take note and enjoy!
3 dinner recipes for your third trimester of pregnancy
1. Chickpea and tuna salad
Tuna is a great source of protein, as are chickpeas – also known as garbanzo beans. Both fill us with energy, which is just what we need in our last days before giving birth.
Remember that it’s very important to wash the ingredients well before consuming them. This will allow you to avoid bacterias that can cause complications.
- 1 1/2 cups garbanzo beans.
- 3/4 cup tuna fish.
- ½ onion.
- 1 cucumber.
- 3 tomatoes.
- 2 eggs.
- Oil, vinegar and salt.
- Wash chickpeas and allow them to soak overnight in water with a pinch of salt. Their size will increase, and will soften much faster when you cook them. The next day, boil until soft.
- In a pan of water, boil the eggs until they’re hard. Then, rinse them under cold water and remove their shells. Cut into large chunks.
- Drain the garbanzos and set aside.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut into large chunks. Remove seeds. Slice the cucumbers, and cut the onion julienne style.
- Place all of the ingredients in a salad bowl and mix together with a wooden spoon. then, add oil, lemon and salt to taste.
With just a few ingredient and 5 simple steps, you now have your first dinner recipe for your last trimester of pregnancy.
2. Cream of squash with chive
Squash belongs to the same family as zucchini and pumpkin, and it’s a great option for this final stage of pregnancy.
Squash is low in calories and packed with vitamins and minerals. Both are important for your baby’s growth and for building up defenses before giving birth.
- 2 1/2 cups of squash.
- 1 carrot.
- ½ green pepper.
- 1 leek.
- 1 onion.
- ½ liter of chicken stock.
- 1 ¼ cup of milk.
- ½ cup of olive oil.
- ½ tablespoon of salt.
- ½ tablespoon of chives.
- 3 1/2 cups of croutons.
- 2 cups parmesan cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
“As women approach their due date, they need proper nourishment to have enough energy to give birth”
- Wash all of the ingredients well in order to disinfect.
- Remove the seeds and pulp from the squash. Then, chop into chunks and boil in 1.5 liters of chicken stock, along with 1 chopped carrot.
- Chop the leek into small pieces. Do the same with the onion and green pepper.
- Sauté these veggies in olive oil to brown.
- Once the pumpkin is cooked, allow it to cool in order to later process it in the blender.
- Once you’ve processed the pumpkin, place it back in the original pan. Put it back on the stove and add milk.
- After 5 minutes of cooking, stir in the sautéed vegetables. Add salt and pepper to taste. Finally, decorate with croutons, chives and parmesan cheese.
3. Skillet-grilled chicken breast with potato salad and cream cheese
Potatoes are an excellent carbohydrate and very filling. Chicken, at the same time, is a healthy low-fat protein.
This type of recipe for your third trimester of pregnancy will help curb your hunger and nourish both you and your baby.
- One chicken breast, bones removed.
- 3 large potatoes.
- 1 green onion.
- ½ cup olive oil.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- 1 tablespoon of mustard.
- 2/3 cup cream cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly and cut into large cubes. Cook in boiling water until they’re al dente. Remove from water and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Slice the chicken into thin fillets and then coat them in the above mixture.
- Grill on a non-stick skillet with preheated olive oil.
- For your salad, place the potatoes in a bowl and add finely chopped green onions.
- Finally, add cream cheese and a touch of salt. Enjoy!
As you can see, these three dinner recipes for the third trimester of pregnancy are simple and nutritious.
Thanks to their valuable nutrients, you’ll be able to gain the strength you need to welcome your new addition. Bon appétit!