As a future mom, you should know there are certain things you should avoid in order to make sure your baby grows healthy and strong. An important thing to keep in mind is to not go hungry during pregnancy.
Surely, it isn’t good for pregnant women to gain weight excessively. However, it’s also important for women to not go hungry during pregnancy.
Going hungry is not a good way to control weight gain.
Keep in mind that inadequate feeding can affect your baby. It can prevent them from developing as they should.
There are several ways to maintain a healthy and ideal weight without having to go hungry during your pregnancy.
Adopt healthy eating habits
During pregnancy you should never go hungry. A poor diet increases the risk of complications such as gestational diabetes mellitus and high blood pressure.
A poor diet can also cause irreversible damage to the baby. Therefore, it’s essential for pregnant women to have a proper diet.
In order to avoid going hungry during pregnancy, organize your diet and include healthy foods that contain nutrients and proteins.
Healthy and balanced diet
Although you should have a healthy diet, it’s also wise to avoid gaining too much weight. During pregnancy you shouldn’t diet to lose weight nor should you eat for two.
In order to have a healthy diet it should simply be sensible and balanced. You can achieve a balanced diet by avoiding certain foods such as fried foods, flour and sweets.
Exercise is fundamental in order to be healthy. Doing moderate exercise during pregnancy is healthy both for you and the baby.
Consult your doctor before performing any type of exercise. They’ll indicate the exercises that are best for you.
“Exercising will prevent you from going hungry during pregnancy due to fear of gaining weight”
Recommended exercises during pregnancy
The right time to exercise during pregnancy depends on each woman. Some types of exercise aren’t recommended.
Some examples of healthy exercises are the following:
- Walking: prevents circulatory issues, edema, swelling and constipation.
- Riding a bicycle: This activity relaxes, tones and prevents you from gaining weight. You can ride a bicycle until the fifth or sixth month of pregnancy.
- Swimming: Exercising in the water is ideal. While underwater, the body doesn’t have the same weight and this reduces risk of injury.
- Yoga: Yoga improves posture and prevents back pain.
- Pilates: Its benefits are similar to those provided by yoga. Avoid poses or exercises that put pressure on the belly or exercises that cause you to lose your balance.
2 delicious recipes to help you avoid going hungry during your pregnancy
You may not be accustomed to eating certain types of foods that are necessary during your pregnancy but that’s no problem.
There are many exquisite dishes that you can prepare during your pregnancy to prevent you from going hungry.
Go ahead and prepare this simple and delicious recipe as a main meal. Preparing it for four people will only take an hour.
- 4 Drum sticks
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2 lemons
- Olive oil
- 1 tablet of vegetable broth
- 100 g of mushrooms
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Rub the drumstick with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Place the drumsticks in a bowl and add the mushrooms.
- Add a little oil and sprinkle the lemon juice.
- Place in the oven for 1 hour.
- When it is ready sprinkle a little more lemon juice over the chicken.
French ham and cheese omelet
Omelets are a light dish that are very easy to prepare. You can enjoy this dish for lunch or dinner.
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 2 tablespoons of grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 slices of ham
- 2 slices of cheese
- Beat the eggs with the grated cheese, flour, salt and milk.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Cut the ham and cheese to add to the eggs.
- Pour the mixture into the pan when the oil is hot.
- Wait for it to cook and turn the omelet over until it’s ready.
It’s very important to avoid going hungry during your pregnancy. Take advantages of the many ways to eat healthy without gaining weight excessively.