Gifts for Mothers Who Have Recently Given Birth
The arrival of a new baby is an emotion-filled moment for everyone involved, but especially for the mother. That’s why we’ve compiled this list of great gifts for mothers who have recently given birth, so we can show them some extra care and appreciation.
Gifts for mothers who have recently given birth
After a mother gives birth, all eyes and gifts tend to go towards her new baby. However, it’s also important to pay attention to the mother who has just given birth.
For example, giving a new mom a gift that’s especially for her can help her feel better during this beautiful but challenging stage.
The postpartum period is a stage that is full of many changes for women. Therefore, giving gifts to women who have recently given birth can help lift their spirits and their energy.
Perhaps the best gift for a new mother is rest and a bit of help tidying up and getting the house organized.
The truth is, not everyone has the option of being around to lend a hand, due to other responsibilities and obligations.
That’s why today we want to propose more ideas of how to spoil brave new mothers. Even if you can’t be around as much as you’d like, you can still show that you’re near.
1. Nursing gowns: A great gift
In general, the first days after giving birth tend to be very exhausting for new moms.
They must not only recover from the birthing process, but also provide care for their newborn around the clock. It’s a time when women barely have time or energy to get dressed, and spend their time at home.
Therefore, a perfect gift for new moms are comfortable pajamas that allow them to relax. Many gowns are designed to make it easier for mothers to nurse their little ones.
2. Socks: Another useful gift
After mothers give birth, the circulation in their bodies starts to go back to normal after all of the pregnancy-related changes. A great way to care for new moms, and especially their legs and feet, is a pair of soft, comfortable socks.
3. Shoes or slippers to wear around the house
Another item on the list of gifts for new mothers is a comfortable pair of house shoes or slippers. After giving birth, it’s great to count on comfortable and practical footwear, especially since most of the time is spent at home.
“After a mother gives birth, all eyes and gifts tend to go towards her new baby. However, it’s also important to pay attention to the mother who has just given birth.”
4. Special breastfeeding clothes
Clothing that is comfortable and practical when it comes to breastfeeding is always great for new mothers. Therefore, giving moms a new clothing item that’s attractive and adjusts to her postpartum body is an excellent idea.
These articles are especially useful for when moms need to go to doctor appointments or who want to start getting out of the house.
5. Lotions, soaps and body oils
Once of the best gifts for moms who have recently had a baby is some sort of lotion, soap or oil to hydrate her skin.
During pregnancy, it’s common for women to develop stretch marks and dry skin, so this sort of gift is just perfect. Of course, always make sure that whatever product you choose is suitable for moms with newborns.
There are many alternatives to choose from when it comes to these products. Some are more popular and effective than others.
For example, lotions, soaps and oils that contain rosehip are extremely effective for treating stretch marks and scars. Women can reap their benefits both during and after pregnancy.
Another oil that has great benefits for postpartum mothers is jojoba oil. This substance has properties that help restore the skin’s elasticity and strengthen hair.
Of course, we have to include the famous Argan oil on our list. Argan oil is useful in treating stretch marks, hydrating skin and improving skin’s elasticity.
In closing, there are many options when it comes to gifts for mothers who have recently given birth.
Whatever you choose, make sure it’s meaningful and useful. If you do, you’ll be sure to make the mom feel loved and appreciated during the postpartum period.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Ansuategui, María & Lopez, Victor. Aceite de argán: usos tradicionales, aspectos fitoquímicos, nutricionales y farmacológicos. Revista de Fitoterapia. 2015 15. 5-19.
- Hidalgo MI, Huertas ALL, Espinosa Góngora R, Muñoz Calvo MT, Budke Neukamp M, Abuín AS, et al. El pediatra ante el síndrome alcohólico fetal. Un trastorno infradiagnosticado [Internet]. Pediatriaintegral.es. [citado 15 de diciembre de 2021]. Disponible en: https://www.pediatriaintegral.es/wp content/uploads/2015/03/Pediatria-Integral-XVIII-10.pdf#page=66
- Karaca I, Ozturk M, Alay I, Ince O, Karaca SY, Erdogan VS, Ekin M. Influence of Abdominal Binder Usage after Cesarean Delivery on Postoperative Mobilization, Pain and Distress: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Eurasian J Med. 2019 Oct;51(3):214-218. doi: 10.5152/eurasianjmed.2019.18457.
- Luisa. Regalos para una mujer que acaba de tener un bebé [Internet]. Lifehacks de Luisa Olvera. 2019 [citado 15 de diciembre de 2021]. Disponible en: https://luisaolvera.com/qu-regalar-a-un-reci-n-nacido/
- Slomian J, Emonts P, Vigneron L, Acconcia A, Glowacz F, Reginster JY, Oumourgh M, Bruyère O. Identifying maternal needs following childbirth: A qualitative study among mothers, fathers and professionals. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2017 Jul 3;17(1):213.