Exercises to Strengthen Your Legs
In this article we’ll share eight exercises that can help you strengthen your legs from the comfort of your own home.
Most women would love to show off their legs at the beach, party or any other situation that merits. That’s why we’ve decided to compile a few exercises that will help you obtain your dream legs.
Due to the huge number of muscles that make up each leg and their wide functionality, the legs are one of the most difficult parts of the body to tone.
However, there are several exercises and natural methods that we can use to help us obtain the perfect legs.
“The legs are one of the most difficult parts of the body to tone, however, there are numerous exercises available to strengthen them.”
Obviously, having the right equipment and going to the gym can be very helpful. However, you can obtain the perfect legs from the comfort of your own home and with nothing more than your own willpower.
8 exercises to strengthen your legs
- Squats: this classic exercise consists of opening the legs shoulder width apart and descending while looking straight ahead with a straight back. This should be done until the knees make a 90-degree angle. While doing this exercise, the tip of your feet should point outwards, this will prevent your back from arching.
- Lunges: this is another well-known exercise. It consists of taking a step forwards while bending both legs to achieve a 90-degree angle. It’s important to look ahead and keep your back straight while doing lunges.
- Jumping squats: this exercise is very similar to the first one on our list. The difference however, is when ascending after the squat, the exercise requires a little jump. When coming down from the jump, bend your knees once again and repeat.
- Scissor jumps: start this exercise with your feet together, then jump to open them shoulder width apart. At the same time, raise your arms as if you were to clap your hands over your head. With another jump, return to your starting position.
- Bridge: while lying on your back, put your knees at a 90-degree angle and raise your hips as much as you can, as if you were making a bridge. Hold this position for 20 to 30 seconds then lower your body and relax for a few seconds.
- Bulgarian squats: you’ll need a chair for this exercise. Stand up, with your back to the chair. Then, move one leg backwards and rest it on the chair, bend the other leg until your knee is at a 90-degree angle. The weight of your body should be carried by the leg that you’re bending while the other leg rests.
- Backwards leg lift: for this exercise, you’ll have to support yourself on your hands and knees. Next, bend one leg and lift it as high as you can and then return to the starting position and repeat with the other leg.
- Burpee: start standing, then lean forwards and place your hands on the ground. The weight of your body should fall on the tip of your feet. Then with a push-up, get back on your feet.
If you enjoy dancing and having fun without doing repetitions, sets and routines, there are several dances that you can also use to tone your legs.
Nowadays, there are many different types of sports that women can enjoy even during pregnancy.
- Before starting an exercise, start by warming up for at least 5 minutes.
- Try to maintain proper posture while performing each exercise. If you don’t understand how to do an exercise correctly, look for images and videos that can help guide you.
- Stretch. After each workout, dedicate at least 10 minutes to stretching.
- Be constant. Nothing ca be achieved from one day to another. Especially when it comes to changing the body, results are only obtained with a lot of effort and dedication. Be patient and you’ll see that you’ll be surprised by the results.
- Compliment your workout with a healthy diet. Food is the body’s fuel. The healthier you eat, the more efficient your body will be when it comes to achieving the results you’re looking for.
- If you’ve just given birth, there are also certain specific exercises for after delivery. You can even perform some simple exercises with your baby.
“Be constant. Nothing is achieved from one day to another.”
With all of these exercises to strengthen legs, you’ll soon be able to obtain the legs of your dreams.