Sweet Recipes for Babies From 12 to 24 Months Old
Your little one’s diet doesn’t have to be limited to baby food and purees. The following sweet recipes will become delights for both the youngest and oldest of the house.
When we become mothers, we have many questions about how to create the perfect diet for our babies. What can they eat? What is healthy for them? Could they choke?
Thousands of questions cross our minds. That’s why having the following guide of healthy sweet recipes for babies from 12 to 24 months old will come in handy.
Since babies are so small, we’re constantly afraid that something bad could happen to them. In our attempt to be good mothers, sometimes we are even “too” careful. Keep in mind however, that it’s always good to ask questions.
Doctors can be very helpful in answering any questions you might have. First-time mothers also have the option of asking experienced mothers for advice. Just remember that each baby is different and therefore, may react differently to certain foods.
Don’t worry and keep in mind that when it comes to babies, one of the best ways to incorporate foods into their diet is through trial and error. Nobody can teach you how to be a good mother; you’ll discover how to do it on your own as the weeks, months and years go by.
We all have the same concerns and fears, but only a good mother faces challenges and looks for what is best for her child. You can relax, as you’ll do great and you’ll be proud of yourself.
Sweet recipes for babies from 12 to 24 months old
You can prepare the following recipes for your little ones. By using these recipes, you’ll make sure that your child is eating healthy and enjoying their food. You’ll also be teaching them from an early age how easy and delicious it is to have a complete, balanced diet.
Apple, pear, milk and banana smoothie
- 1 Banana
- 1 Apple
- Half a liter of milk
- The first thing you have to do is cut the fruit into pieces.
- Once that is done, put the pieces into the blender and blend for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then, add a little milk until the product reaches a homogenous texture.
- Continue blending until it reaches a liquid state and then add a little cinnamon.
Your baby will love it!
“When my mother gave us bread, she shared love.”
Vanilla and cheese flan
- 2 Apples
- 1 Egg
This flan is one of the most delicious sweet recipes for babies from 12 to 24 months old.
- First, cut the apples into small pieces and place them into a casserole dish, then add a few teaspoons of sugar.
- Cook until the product becomes a puree, then add a few tablespoons of vanilla.
- Add the egg and then place the product in small containers for flan.
- Cook in a bain-marie for half an hour and then let it sit for 40 minutes.
- Finally, take the flan out of the containers and enjoy your homemade dessert!
Milk ice cream
- Half a liter of milk
- 1 Egg
- Place the milk, sugar and cinnamon in a pan. When it reaches a boil, add the egg to the mixture and mix together for about 10 minutes.
- Once that is done, let it rest before emptying the product into medium-sized containers.
- Finally, place the containers in the freezer for three hours. Now you have the perfect remedy for those hot summer afternoons.
Yogurt and peach cake
- 300 grams of crackers
- 100 grams of butter
- 400 grams of yogurt
- 1 can of peach
- First break the crackers into small pieces. Once this is done, put the butter into a saucepan and let it melt over low heat.
- Next, add the crackers and spread them over the saucepan with a spatula until they cover the whole surface.
- Place the yogurt, gelatin and sugar into another pan and mix together.
- Finally, pour the mixture over the crackers. Leave the product in the fridge overnight and then add the crushed peach as a finishing touch.
And there you have it: delicious sweet recipes for babies from 12 to 24 months old in your possession!
There are thousands of combinations that you and your child will enjoy. Remember to be careful with the ingredients that may be difficult for your child to chew.
Be patient and accompany your children along their unique and wonderful culinary journey. At the end of the day, this moment can only be enjoyed once.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Agencia de Salud Pública de Cataluña. (2022). La alimentación saludable en la primera infancia. Generalitat de Catalunya. Departamento de Salud.
- Asociación Española de Pediatría. (2020). Azúcares y edulcorantes. En Familia AEP. Consultado el 30 de agosto de 2023. https://enfamilia.aeped.es/vida-sana/azucares-edulcorantes
- OMS. (2015). Information note about intake of sugars recommended in the WHO guideline for adults and children. OMS. Consultado el 6 de septiembre del 2023. https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/WHO-NMH-NHD-15.3