Fun Recipes for the Second Trimester of Pregnancy
You should have a variety of fun recipes for the second trimester of pregnancy at your disposal. These recipes will add variation to your diet without you having to compromise your nutritional needs or complicate things too much in the kitchen. In fact, the ones we suggest below are very easy to prepare.
People choose what they want to eat according to previous experiences and what they see, smell, and feel in the moment. And many times, even if a dish is delicious, its appearance entices them to try it even more. This is the reason why many people decide to play with the appearance of food to achieve a striking and original result.
Every pregnant woman has specific nutritional needs. However, we recommend foods that contain sufficient amounts of folic acid, iron, vitamin D, and calcium, since these nutrients favor the good health of both the mother and the baby.
Fun recipes for the second trimester of pregnancy
1. Breakfast: Oatmeal and almond pancakes with a traffic light decoration
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- Strawberries, peaches and kiwis (the amount needed)
- First, mix the flour, eggs, and butter together with a pinch of sugar.
- Next, pour the mixture into a non-stick pan. Cook on both sides.
- Then, put the pancake on a plate and add honey, strawberries, peach, and kiwi inside.
- To decorate, put the strawberries (red), a peach (yellow), and a kiwi (green) on the pancake like a traffic light formation.
2. Snack: Banana with cereal and raisins
- Chop the bananas in half, then stick a pallet in the center of each half.
- Dip the halves in yogurt, then dip it in a cereal bowl and raisin mixture.
3. Lunch: Salmon burger
- 18 ounces of salmon
- 3 tablespoons of oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
- 1 ounce of finely chopped onion
- First, put all the ingredients in a food processor until they"re all well integrated.
- Then, with your hands, mold the circular pieces of salmon.
- Cook the patties on the grill until browned.
- When the patties are ready, put them on bread. Add lettuce, avocado, and olive oil.
4. Dinner: Swirl salad with arugula, pasta and golden vegetables
- Chopped basil
- 3 1/2 ounces of arugula
- 2 chopped zucchini
- Salt and pepper
- 3 1/2 ounces of short pasta
- 1 chopped bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces of dehydrated tomato
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 1/2 ounces of chopped mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 ounces of Parmesan cheese in strips
- First, put the paprika, zucchini, onion, and mushrooms on the griddle (or in the oven).
- Next, add salt and pepper. Constantly check the contents on the griddle.
- When golden, remove everything and let it cool down.
- Cook the pasta. When it"s al dente, remove and reserve.
- Clean the arugula and put it in the serving bowl. Add the vegetables, pasta, and Parmesan cheese.
- Pour olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the mixture.
As a final recommendation, hydrate yourself properly and avoid foods that contain chemical additives, preservatives and dyes. Experiment with the presentation of your dishes as well.
You can also make your own versions of these fun recipes to enjoy during your second trimester of pregnancy.It might interest you...