3 Delicious Gluten-free Desserts
If you suffer from gluten intolerance, you’ve probably searched for recipes suitable for your condition. So today we want to share with you three delicious gluten-free desserts that you’ll love. Why not try something different?
3 gluten-free desserts
Gluten is a protein mixture with low nutritional and biological value. It also lacks essential amino acids, which makes it easy to eliminate altogether from our diet. Whether you’re gluten intolerant or not, don’t hesitate to try out these tasty culinary alternatives.
Gluten-free orange meringue with chocolate cream
- 4 oranges
- 400 g gluten-free chocolate
- 500 ml cream
- 500 ml milk
- 30 g sugar
- 80 g cornflour
- Mint leaves
- 6 egg whites
- 4 spoons icing sugar
- Zest from 2 oranges
- Mix the milk and the cream and bring to a maximum temperature of 100ºC.
- Gently melt the chocolate in another saucepan.
- Separately, combine the sugar and cornflour in a bowl. Then pour in the initial milk and cream mixture.
- Once everything is smoothly combined, pour the mix into the saucepan with the chocolate and let simmer until it thickens. This will take about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Peel the oranges and place 3 segments in each serving bowl. Add the chocolate cream and let it cool.
- Finally, whip the egg whites until they form peaks and add the icing sugar and orange zest. You’ll use this meringue to adorn the bowls. You can use a piping bag to decorate.
- Jazz it up with mint leaves. Your meringue is ready to be served!
Gluten-free banana and apple soufflé
- 3 ripe bananas (280 g)
- 380 g green apples
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 60 g sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 eggs
- 80 g butter
- 100 ml brandy
- Gluten-free icing sugar and cinnamon for decorating
- Peel, deseed and chop the apples in small pieces. Sauté with 40 g of butter until tender, then caramelize with 40 g of sugar. Pour in the brandy and take off the heat once it has cooked off. Blend the mixture and let it cool.
- Repeat with the bananas: peel, chop, caramelize and blend them. Then combine them with the apple puree and add the vanilla.
- Separate the whites from the egg yolks. Add the yolks to the puree and whip the whites until they form peaks. Then, combine both mixtures.
- Place the batter in a buttered ramekin. Then cook in a pre-heated oven at 180º for 20-25 minutes.
- Let them cool and decorate with cinnamon, icing sugar, and caramelized banana or apple slices. And they’ll be ready to serve!
Gluten-free chocolate cookies
- 15 g dark chocolate
- 125 g butter or margarine
- 225 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250 g flour, of which 125 g rice flour, 125 g manioc starch
- 30 g powder cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- First, melt the chocolate over a water bath, then add the butter and fold it through
- In another bowl, combine the sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until frothy. Then, add to the melted chocolate.
- Sift the flour and the cocoa powder and slowly add them to the chocolate mixture.
- Place the batter in a mold and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Cookies are ready!
There are a number of gluten-free desserts that are great alternatives for people with gluten intolerance.
These delicious gluten-free desserts are just a start. There is a wide range of recipes you can try out. Enjoy them!