How do children discover their own personalities?
In this world, no two people are exactly alike. Children begin to develop their own personalities as soon as they’re born.
If you have more than one child, then you already know that whatever works with one of them might not work with the other.
Science tells us that almost 70% of our character traits are determined by genetics. The remaining 30% has to do with environment and upbringing.
Some children seem to be smiling all the time, and rarely do you see them cry. Other children are just the opposite.
As soon as children are born, they begin to demonstrate their different temperaments. However, after the age of one, we really start to notice their particular personalities.
However, today we know that a person’s behavior is a result of learning more than anything else. Emotional stimulation and the way children learn to respond in different situations is what most influences their character.
A child’s health and endocrine balance also have an impact on the development of their temperament.
Characteristics that define a child’s character
Some children feel more confident when it comes to talking to adults. There is nothing wrong with that, of course. But it can be risky, depending on what they say and who they talk to.
Therefore, it’s best to teach them to manage their sociability, which will help them develop their character.
At the same time, there are children who are more reserved when it comes to socializing. In that case, it’s important not to pressure your child. Rather, you should give them the time they need and accompany them.
Though it may seem like your child’s personality is already formed, perhaps he needs some help improving in some areas.
If you have a very active child, then it’s a good idea to provide her with activities that keep her occupied. This isn’t an issue of bad behavior. Your child is simply restless and needs to stay busy.
Therefore, a child with these characteristics needs space, both indoors and out. However, you should avoid those extensive outings in which your child moves about freely.
Rather, if your child is more calm, then he will enjoy his free time without the need for lots of activities. But extreme cases of either caracteristic – restlessness or passivity – can be an indication of a problem.
Some children tend to make daily activities easy for their parents. They have no trouble following routines regarding food, sleep, play, etc. However, when unexpected changes arise, such as travel, things may become complicated.
There are also children who have little or no routine at all. They tend not to eat or sleep well. They are very regular children, but within the disorder of most of their activities. However, they often have a hard time adapting to routines.
Some children have very intense emotions. For example, they laugh and cry very hard. In this case, it’s important to distinguish whether the crying or laughter is authentic or forced.
At the same time, when a child shows less intense emotions, it’s important not to ignore his feelings. You should pay attention to your child’s expressions in order to help him develop a firm character.
There are children who have a very easy time adapting. Just the same, their parents should respect their routine, because their children need it. If your child has a hard time adapting, then you will need to exercise patience as you slowly incorporate new routines into your daily activities.
Children who are very sensitive don’t easily accept variations is flavor, texture, lighting, smell or temperature. When they grow up they will probably be especially attentive to details or perfectionists.
At the same time, children who are less sensitive won’t have the same difficulties accepting variations. But it’s also harder to identify the things that may bother them.
Some children seem to be happy all the time, while other children seem more serious and are more prone to anger. It’s very easy to discover your child’s sense of humor.
Children with a more cheery personality tend to be more easy-going. However, it’s important that you be alert in order to discover their frustration and anger. Children who smile all the time tend to have a harder time expressing anger, sadness, etc.
When children are more prone to seriousness or anger, we should accept these characteristics as part of their own personalities. It may be helpful to teach them to express their happiness little by little.