2 Papaya Recipes that Your Kids Will Love
Papaya is an excellent food to include in recipes to improve your health. We’re talking about a fruit that contains a large amount of antioxidant compounds and digestive enzymes, so it helps to facilitate the processes of obtaining nutrients in the digestive tract. It’s one of the most recommended exotic fruits to include in the diet on a regular basis.
Before we begin, we must emphasize the need to vary the presence of fruits in our diet. Of course, the importance of vegetables shouldn’t be forgotten either, as they’re a source of the most powerful phytochemicals that can be found.
Next, we’re going to show you the best papaya recipes for children that you can prepare. They’re easy to prepare and all of them have fresh ingredients, so don’t hesitate to try them and choose your favorite!
1. Papaya mousse
- 2 papayas
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 2 pasteurized egg whites
- 3/4 cup of whipping cream
- 1 pinch of salt
- Place the cream in a large bowl and whip it.
- At the same time, dry the grated coconut in a frying pan for a couple of minutes and then let it cool.
- Split the papayas and remove the seeds.
- Reserve half of the papaya for garnish and use the rest of the pulp to combine with the lemon juice and sugars.
- Store the result in the refrigerator.
- While it is cooling, whip the very cold cream until stiff. In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Then mix the papaya puree with half of the grated coconut and add this to the cream and egg whites.
- Pour the mousse into cups and decorate with papaya pieces.
Why include this recipe in the children’s diet?
Papaya mousse is a source of antioxidants. These elements help neutralize free radicals and prevent their accumulation in the body’s tissues.
Thanks to this effect, the risk of developing complex diseases will be lower, according to research published in the European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. However, remember that this recipe contains a lot of sugar and should be consumed in moderation.
2. Papaya compote
- 1 ripe papaya
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 lime
- First, wash the papaya and cut it in half.
- Then, remove the seeds and extract the pulp.
- Cut the banana into pieces and set it aside.
- Cut the lime and squeeze it to obtain the juice.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and process until you get a smooth compote with a homogeneous texture. This will be enough to enjoy to the fullest, although you can also mix it with crushed ice.
Why incorporate this recipe into the children’s diet?
Papaya compote is an excellent source of fiber. This element is crucial for good intestinal health, according to a study published in the journal Nature Reviews . Not only does it reduce the incidence of constipation, but it also improves the composition of the microbiota. This is crucial to optimize digestive processes.
Prepare recipes for children with papaya
As you’ve seen, there are different options for papaya recipes for children in order to get the most out of this fruit. It’s very positive to increase the presence of vegetables in the diet in order to optimize the contribution of antioxidants and high-quality vitamins. This will ensure that the physiology of the internal environment becomes as efficient as possible, avoiding the development of diseases.It might interest you...