Children's Blinds: Ideas, Types, and How to Choose Them
There’s no reason for your children’s rooms to be boring or lacking in color. Decorative children’s blinds are a perfect idea not only to control the light coming into the room but also to add an aesthetic touch that your kids will love. Keep reading to learn how to choose them and get the most out of them.
Leaving aside the bulky curtains that can cause accidents with small children, decorative children’s blinds are ideal for dressing up the windows in a cheerful and sophisticated way. Fortunately, there are multiple styles and custom designs that can make your child’s room become their favorite place.
4 tips for choosing the best decorative children’s blinds
Protecting windows is something that can be solved with a simple curtain. However, when buying online blinds for children’s rooms, it’s important to inform ourselves as much as we can to make the best decision. This way, we won’t only acquire a quality product, but we’ll make children feel more comfortable in their bedroom.
Here are some recommendations to keep in mind.
1. Choose the most suitable type
Blinds are perfect options when you have sliding doors or windows inside the room of your little ones. However, there’s a wide variety of models on the market and it’s important to choose the most suitable one. Among them are rollers, folding blinds, and short, long, opaque, translucent, printed, or colored blinds.
Folding blinds are those that contain several rods arranged horizontally that make the fabric fold in the form of a fan when it’s raised or lowered. Meanwhile, roller blinds have a mechanism that makes the fabric roll up on itself in a central tube. Among these two types we can find:
- Translucent blinds: These let in much of the light from outside and play a similar role to fine fabric sheers. They’re great if you want to take advantage of natural lighting.
- Opaque blinds: Unlike the previous ones, this type of blind doesn’t allow light to pass through. However, they can be printed with a design to serve as decoration.
- Day and night blinds: This is a model that works based on the overlapping of translucent and opaque fabric or fiberglass strips that regulate the entry of light.
- Blinds with screen fabric: These are made with a material that allows you to see outside from the rooms, but from the outside, privacy is preserved.
2. Select the right print
After you’ve chosen the type of blinds you want for your child’s room, it’s time to choose the design. When considering the psychology of colors, a safe alternative is to choose a soft tone that brings security and calm, such as blue or green. Even a children’s print, such as animals, geometric, or floral patterns are a great idea. This is because they’re options that tend to be very aesthetic and children will like them for several years.
Another alternative is to have your favorite cartoon printed on the blind. This is an option that will bring a lot of personality to the room and, most importantly, will make your child happy. However, keep in mind that trends change and children grow up, so it’s likely that in a couple of years or months, they won’t like it anymore. So make the right choice and think about the future.
3. Take proper measurements of the window
In order to get a tidy result, it’s essential that you measure the window and decide whether you want to install the blind on the wall or on the ceiling. So, it’s very important to take the correct measurements, both in length and width, and, if you choose an opaque model, leave a small margin on the sides of the window to keep out the light.
Remember that, if your child’s room is large and has large windows, it’s best to use blinds that go to the floor and complement them with translucent curtains or sheers. In these cases, full backdrops or subtle prints are the best choice. And if the room is small, choose short and simple blinds so as not to overload the space.
4. Send them to be made and install them
Once you’re clear about the type of blind you want, the color, and the necessary measurements, you can find on the Internet specialized pages that are dedicated to the customization of these decorative objects.
With just a few clicks you can register your information and your measurements and in a couple of days, you’ll receive everything you need to install the children’s blind. So, just follow the manufacturer’s instructions and enjoy with your child unforgettable evenings of playing in their room.
Decorative children’s blinds are practical and beautiful
Remodeling your children’s bedroom isn’t a task that should be overcomplicated. With the help of practical and aesthetic elements, you can create a cozy place that reflects the personality of your little ones. So, remember that children’s blinds not only help to improve lighting control and ventilation, but also dress the windows in a colorful and original way.It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Mena, C. (2018) Psicología del Color. Facultad de Artes y Diseño UNAM. Recuperado de: http://blogs.fad.unam.mx/asignatura/claudia_mena/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/PSICOLOG%C3%8DA-DEL-COLOR.pdf
- Peña, J. (2010) Color como herramienta para el diseño infantil. Recuperado de: https://www.guao.org/biblioteca/color_como_herramienta_para_el%20diseno_infantil