Choosing the Right Swimsuit for Boys
Swimsuits are a clothing item that must be part of every child’s wardrobe when summer comes around. Today, we’ll give you some great ideas to help you find the best swimsuit for boys.
Summertime often involves trips to the pool, river or beach – or just running through the sprinkler. These are all popular choices for enjoying the sunshine and fresh air.
Some parents make the mistake of choosing the wrong bathing suits for their children when the time comes to head to the water. All too often, the mistake involves forgetting a child’s comfort and prioritizing appearance and fashion. This is a serious mistake.
Tips for choosing the right swimsuit for boys
Involve your child in the decision process
If your little one is old enough, then it’s best to let him or her have a say in picking out a suit. That way, your child will be more excited about wearing it.
Children should be allowed to pick the color, design and model of their suits. This will also make for a fun activity prior to your aquatic plans.
Of course, your child’s input will be important, but you’re the mom and you know what’s best. Therefore, use good judgement and try to find something you’re both happy with.
Remember the functionality of swimsuits
In general, swimsuits for children have a hygienic and protective purpose, since they cover their genitals. From a very young age, it’s important for children to understand that they shouldn’t show their private parts in public.
However, you also need to keep your child’s comfort in mind. Your little one won’t have any fun looking like a miniature model if your swimsuit choice doesn’t allow him or her to have fun.
It’s important to keep the following considerations in mind when making your purchase:
- Make sure to get the right size: You don’t want the suit to be too big, or too small. If it’s too big, it could cause discomfort. If it’s too tight, it could irritate your child’s skin.
- As for material, it’s fundamental that swimsuits be made of lightweight fabric that dries quickly. The best options are microfiber and spandex. These are both lightweight and dry in no time.
- Make sure the suit consists of high-quality materials that are suitable for sensitive skin. And it should go without saying that the suit should be comfortable.
- Suits that are made of thick materials hold moisture longer. This makes them more prone to accumulating fungus in their fibers. This can be very harmful to children the next time they wear them.
Know the advantages of each model
When it come to swimsuits for children, they are usually one-pieces. These cover their genitals and sometimes part of their legs, while leaving their backs and chests exposed. These suits range from swim briefs to bermuda-length shorts.
Boy swimsuits also come in two-piece options, which serve a purpose in caring for a child’s skin. On top, a shirt covers the child’s back, chest, shoulders and sometimes forearms, providing protection from the sun. This type of suit is especially popular for small children under the age of 5.
“All too often, the mistake involves forgetting a child’s comfort and prioritizing appearance and fashion. This is a serious mistake.”
Sometimes, children may feel uncomfortable in this type of suit, since it can be a bit warmer. If you’re at the beach, sand can also get stuck in the fibers of the fabric.
However, even though it can cause certain inconveniences, this model is great if you need to protect your little one’s skin. As far as swimsuits go, this is your best defense against the sun’s harmful rays.
There is another type of swimsuit for boys that covers their legs completely. These are more common for children who swim competitively because they are hydrodynamic.
What you need to know about the right swimsuit for boys
Follow these simple tips below regarding the choosing, use and care of the right swimsuit for boys. Your son is sure to use it more than once, so you want to make sure it lasts:
- Never store swimsuits while they’re wet, as this can lead to the growth of milder and other bacteria that are harmful to children. As soon as you get home, air out your suits and remove as much sand as possible, if necessary. Then, wash with gentle detergent.
- It’s always a good idea to take more than one suit along when you go on vacation. That way, your child can use one while the other is drying.
- Choose suits that are multi-color and bright. These are more resistant to the effects of the sun and the iodine in the ocean. If you’re heading to a pool that is chlorinated, then you’re best off choosing dark colors. Dark colors are more resistant when it comes to this abrasive chemical.
When it comes to choosing the right swimsuit for boys, remember that the most important thing is comfort. Provide your son with the right swimsuit so he can really enjoy the summer to the fullest.
And, of course, don’t forget to bring along sunscreen, a hat and sunglasses to make the most of your summer.It might interest you...