What Do Children Value From Good Teachers?
For many people, teachers are masters of their subjects, and help their students reach their goals. However, good teachers are much more than that.
For children, instructors aren’t only the people who teach them to read and write. They’re the ones who dedicate time and effort to them.
In addition, they teach them to keep working, despite the difficulties and obstacles they face. Therefore, what do children value in good teachers?
What does it mean to be a good teacher?
Great teachers have excellent personal and professional sills. In addition, they are caring and enthusiastic, but also firm in their decisions, responsible and respectful. On the other hand, they’re the ones that children remember fondly, even as time goes on.
Qualities that children value in good teachers
To be a good teacher, you need to have many qualities. Good teachers are:
This means they must be able to react to the needs of their students. Also, if you’re flexible, you can control any situation that happens in the classroom.
In addition to cooperating with other teachers, they like to work with their students’ parents. Teamwork is great to exchange ideas and knowledge. In addition, it helps their students develop properly.
Cheerful and enthusiastic
Children like instructors who are always smiling and cheerful. If they have a positive attitude, they can show students how much fun it is to learn.
In addition, they’ll make their students confident. They’ll create a safe environment where students can express themselves as they want.
Kind to everyone
Instead of teachers who are constantly shouting and insulting, kids prefer instructors who talk to them calmly and kindly. They also control their impulses and solve conflicts in a peaceful way.
Support children when they’re sad
Children love it when their teachers are with them. They love when their instructors help them when they’re sad.
By doing that, they show they’re sensitive and empathetic. In addition, it creates a climate of trust in the classroom.
“Good teachers aren’t only the people who teach them to read and write. They’re the ones who dedicate time and effort to them. In addition, they teach them to keep working, despite the difficulties and obstacles they face.”
Good teachers attract their students’ attention, as well as stay charismatic for years. This is because they design interesting and relevant classes. In addition, they promote curiosity and learning outside the classroom.
Characteristics that define a good teacher
Just because a teacher instructs well and helps students learn doesn’t mean he’s a good teacher. There are several characteristics that could help you be a memorable teacher. Great teachers:
- Care about each of their students.
- Are always willing to correct with a happy personality.
- Congratulate students when they do a good job.
- Are organized with their classes and know how to teach the subjects well.
- Earn the respect of their students.
- Are humble and always recognize their mistakes.
- Are responsible
- Appropriately evaluate their students.
Tips to become a good teacher
In order for students to appreciate you, here are some tips:
- Be yourself in front of your students. It’s not good to pretend to be someone you’re not.
- Interact with your students.
- Stay up-to-date on your subject to teach quality knowledge.
- Accept other people’s advice.
In short, children value lessons, but above all, they value their educators’ personalities. They love the charisma and understanding that good teachers have to help them learn and grow.
Great teachers aren’t born, but rather are made over time. The experiences you have with your students will help you be the teacher they’ll never forget.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Feito, R. (2004). ¿ En qué puede consistir ser “buen” profesor?”. Cuadernos de pedagogía, 332, 85-89. http://didac.unizar.es/jlbernal/enlaces/pdf/61Feitobuen%20prof.pdf
- MARTINEZ, J. U. EL BUEN PROFESOR. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Xavier-Ucar/publication/236590614_El_buen_profesor/links/0046351821aec49c4e000000/El-buen-profesor.pdf