10 Quotes for Children from The NeverEnding Story
The NeverEnding Story was written in 1979 by a German author named Michael Ende. It is a great fantasy novel that received unprecedented success and was later adapted into many films.
The NeverEnding Story‘s main character, Bastian, is the target of bullying at school until he unexpectedly finds shelter in the library.
In the library, a magical book is recommended to Bastian, and he enters the book and a world full of fantasy.
Through these fantasies, The NeverEnding Story reinforces learning and the fact that, above all, one must believe in themself in order to achieve their goals.
10 quotes for children from The NeverEnding Story
- Fantasia is the world of human fantasy. Every part, every creature of it, is a piece of the dreams and hopes of mankind. Therefore, it has no boundaries.
- “I wonder," he said to himself, “what"s in a book while it"s closed. Oh, I know it"s full of letters printed on paper, but all the same, something must be happening, because as soon as I open it, there"s a whole story with people I don"t know yet and all kinds of adventures, deeds and battles."
- Every real story is a never ending story.
- Human passions have mysterious ways, in children as well as grown-ups. Those affected by them can’t explain them, and those who haven’t known them have no understanding of them at all.
- Sometimes we ask ourselves, is what can be seen in your mirror the same as what can be seen in another mirror?
- When it comes to controlling human beings there is no better instrument than lies. Because, you see, humans live by beliefs. And beliefs can be manipulated. The power to manipulate beliefs is the only thing that counts.
- Sometimes we ask ourselves, why is fantasy dying? Because hope dies in humans, and sometimes they even forget their dreams.
- They shook hands without realizing it, and they listened to each other without realizing it. Everything unfolded in silence, because each one knew what he felt about the other. It was nothing other than the joy of having found a friend.
- In his dreams he felt that he was the strongest, the greatest or the most intelligent. Those desires had already overcome them. Now all he wanted was to be loved as he was.
- It"s important to follow the path of your desires. Although it is complicated, it does not seem difficult. It is the most dangerous of all roads.
Facts and curiosities
The NeverEnding Story is divided into two parts. In the first, the child Bastian begins to read the book and is introduced to the adventures of Prince Atreyu, who is the character sent by the Empress to save Fantasy.
In the second part, Bastian has become a prince with supernatural powers and decides to travel the land he has saved. Then Bastian decides to begin a war to become the supreme ruler of the kingdom.
His desires are scattered throughout, and as time goes by he remembers his previous life. With certainty he recounts his name: Bastian Baltasar Bux.
The first part of the book is considered the best.
The author Michael Ende wrote the story for children and young adults. The book has the ability to mean different things at different life stages.
When children reach adulthood, they can read the book once again and analyze all the passages with a different perspective.
Literature and lies are made of the same substance: fiction. This substance can be a medicine or a poison, depending on the hands in which it falls.
The NeverEnding Story is a book that allows the reader to feel great emotion. From time to time, we all want to return to childhood.