Quick Beauty Rituals for Busy Moms
With these quick beauty rituals, you’ll have time to care for the kids, spend time with your partner and keep up with work, while also feeling and looking great.
Many women stop setting time aside for themselves when they have children. Although it’s difficult to find the right balance, moms should be able to take care of themselves and keep doing the things that make them feel beautiful.
Give yourself the time you need. Spend just a few minutes a day on routines that build self-esteem. An empowered woman feels proud of herself.
“Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful.”
The best quick beauty rituals: the must-know tips
Streamline your makeup
Putting on a full face of makeup can take a long time, even if you’re an expert. There are ways of simplifying your everyday look without going completely bare. Start by cleansing and applying a hydrating moisturizer to prime your skin.
Add a little blush, a swipe of lipstick or gloss and a quick coat of mascara to highlight your best features. You’ll look natural, but well-groomed.
Learn to manage your hair
Coming to terms with the natural texture of your hair and learning the right way to treat it will help save time on busy days. If you have curls, use a special curl cream or oil to give them bounce.
Heat and tools aren’t always your best allies. Instead of straightening your hair or curling it, emphasize its natural texture with the right products.
Keep your hands moisturized
Using harsh cleaning products and washing your hands frequently can easily lead to dry, hard skin. To keep your hands soft, apply vaseline or hand cream before going to sleep.
To get the most out of your moisturizer, put on gloves for 15 to 20 minutes until the cream has completely soaked in.
Exfoliate in the shower
Look for beauty products that can multitask, such as an exfoliating shower gel. These will save time while keeping your skin in top condition.
Cover grays with eyeshadow
If you haven’t had time to get your roots done, eyeshadow can be a last-minute lifesaver. Choose a tone similar to your hair and dab it on with a makeup sponge or brush. This is a short-term fix, but one that is very effective.
Refresh tired eyes with teabags
If you don’t have time for a face mask, make a cup of green tea, drink it and put the cold teabags under your eyes. Green tea is ideal to refresh dull skin and soothe acne and irritation.
Wait a few minutes for the anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties of the tea to do their work.
Other quick beauty rituals:
- Dip a clean toothbrush or makeup brush into lip balm and comb your eyebrows in less than a minute.
- For more volume, brush a little loose powder onto your lashes before applying mascara.
- To avoid waking up with dark under-eye circles, sleep with your head propped up.
- Use a long-lasting lipstick. If you don’t have much time during the day for touch-ups, long-lasting products are your best friend.
- Plan the outfit in advance or make a capsule wardrobe for the week ahead. This way, you’ll avoid trying different things on in the morning.
- Try a weekly coconut oil mask for your hair (just the ends if your hair tends to be greasy). Let it soak in overnight and then rinse well. Coconut oil is a highly effective natural conditioner.
- Choose a versatile and low-maintenance hairstyle.
- Look for multi-use cosmetics. A BB cream or tinted moisturizer doubles as a hydrating base, and there are lip colors that also act as a balm. This is a practical way to save time in your beauty routine.
The best tip of all to show the world how beautiful you are is to smile. Of course you’re tired at the end of a long day, but a smile is truly the best accessory of all.
Find a few minutes every day for your own self-care. You’ll notice the change in your mood when you put these quick beauty rituals into practice.