When we begin to suspect that we might be pregnant, it’s usually because of certain symptoms. However, is it possible to have a pregnancy without symptoms?
Although it’s hard to believe, some women don’t have any symptoms during the beginning of their pregnancy. They discover they’re pregnant at a medical checkup or when the baby starts to become noticeable.
If this occurs, it doesn’t mean that something is wrong with your body or the baby. It’s simply something that can occur and it has no direct relation to health issues.
Pregnancy without symptoms
We’d like to emphasize that this is something that can happen to anyone and it’s not related to health issues. Here’s a little more on the topic:
Why don’t I have nausea?
We have to remember that all women are unique. Some will have excessive nausea in the first three months while others won’t have any stomach issues.
In some cases, the symptoms are so mild that the woman can go on working for a long time during her pregnancy.
There are no symptoms, should I be worried?
It’s important to know that a pregnancy without symptoms isn’t very common. However, there are some women who don’t experience any symptoms until their pregnancy is well advanced.
According to what we tend to hear from relatives and friends, there are always various symptoms during pregnancy such as nausea, vomiting, headaches and sleepiness among many others.
When we don’t observe those symptoms, we tend to worry. But once again we’d like to repeat that you don’t have to worry, as every woman is unique.
Interestingly, about 50% of women suffer from nausea and vomiting, 25% only present nausea and the other 25% have no symptoms at all.
What is amenorrhea?
Amenorrhea is the temporary or permanent absence of the menstrual cycle. It could be natural or indicative of some type of disease.
When we become pregnant, it’s normal for the menstrual cycle to stop. However, this doesn’t occur in all cases.
Some mothers present bleeding for several months which could lead a woman to believe that she isn’t pregnant, when in reality she is.
What to do if you don’t have any symptoms
- Contact your doctor to perform a checkup and resolve any doubts that could disturb your peace of mind. If everything is fine, you can be calm although you don’t have any symptoms.
- Enjoy your pregnancy. If you’re one of those women who doesn’t have any kind of pain or discomfort, enjoy it!
- If you experience intense pain or bleeding, it’s best to consult your doctor. You may not have any symptoms during your pregnancy, however if you experience severe pain or bleeding you should get a checkup.
- Soon you’ll begin to feel your baby move, don’t worry. When you least expect it, you’ll begin to feel your baby’s kicks and movements. In the blink of an eye you’ll have your baby in your arms.
A baby is something that you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years and in your heart until you die
Things you should know about pregnancy
- Consuming citric fruits while breastfeeding doesn’t ruin your breast milk. They’re highly recommended during the first stage of lactation.
- Don’t dye your hair when you’re pregnant. It could cause allergic reactions.
- Drinking a lot of water doesn’t increase amniotic fluid levels.
- Eating a lot of meat won’t make the child be born with a big head. This has been repeated many times over the years but it’s not true.
- The fact that your mother had a difficult birth doesn’t mean that you will to.
- Practicing exercise moderately is recommended.
- Doing certain exercises during pregnancy can help with postpartum recovery.
- Gums are very sensitive during pregnancy.
Love at first sight is what you feel when you see your baby. You fall so hard that you will never get up again
You don’t have to worry if you’re experiencing a pregnancy without symptoms. However, it’s important that you monitor your pregnancy in order to make sure that everything is going well.