The Best Bathing Suits for Pregnant Women
Heading to the beach? Hanging out by the pool? Most women wonder what type of bathing suit to use to flatter their figures during pregnancy. If that’s your case, take note of the best bathing suits for pregnant women in this article.
How to choose the best bathing suits for pregnant women
Choosing one of the best bathing suits for pregnant women can be an arduous task if you want to maintain style and comfort. Therefore, you should keep the following factors in mind:
- Ideally, look for a bathing suit that’s your style; it’s essential that you like it and feel comfortable using it.
- As for comfort, choose a suit that adapts to your body’s new shape. Keep continued growth in mind as a factor.
- Make sure your suit gives you the support you need in the areas that may become more voluminous during gestation. This includes breasts, belly and hips.
- When it comes to colors, you should opt for something monochrome, such as black, brown or grey. These colors are slimming. You can also look for a stylish, brighter combination.
- Be sure that the suit contains fabrics that are soft to the touch. A combination of spandex and cotton is a good, stretchable option that will grow with your body.
Remember the issue of sizes. Buy a size that’s similar to your starting size or just slightly bigger. Otherwise, you may feel uncomfortable with a suit that’s too big or too small.
Types of bathing suits for pregnant women
Among the selection of the best bathing suits for pregnant women, you’ll find many great options for each phase of gestation. These depend, basically, on the size of your belly, weight gain, and how you feel with your body. The most popular options are:
This is the most traditional choice for pregnant women, and never goes out of style. And best of all, during recent years, one-pieces have undergone an overhaul and are now much more flattering and attractive.
For example, you can now find one-pieces with ruffles, belts, tassels and lots of other details to make your suit unique and fit your style.
The advantages of one-pieces are:
- They offer support to all the areas of your body that may be problematic during pregnancy.
- One-pieces are slimming. There are options that come with miniskirts or tassels that help to tone down any voluminous areas.
- They provide comfort and convenience because of the support they offer.
At the same time, they offer more protection from sun rays because they cover a larger amount of your body. In general, women of any size and weight can use one-piece suits without having to sacrifice their comfort.
“Ideally, look for a bathing suit that’s your style; it’s essential that you like it and feel comfortable using it.”
A spectacular bikini
Bikinis are also a perfect alternative to showing off your beautiful belly. One of the best bathing suits for pregnant women, they consist of two separate pieces that you can mix and match for the perfect style and fit.
When it comes to bikini tops, the sky’s the limit. You can go strapless, opt for criss-cross straps, look for something with tassels or ruffles, or choose one of a million different options. Some of the advantages of bikini swimsuits are the following:
- More freedom to move around and, therefore, more comfort.
- Bikinis show off your pregnancy in a daring and sexy way. This is great for women who want to show off their feminine side at all times.
- These suits give you the freedom to add accessories that complete your look. For example, sarongs, miniskirts, blouses, etc.
- Bikinis give your belly direct access to the water, meaning your baby can enjoy your vacation as well!
This is probably the most sought-after model for pregnant women, and without a doubt, one of the best options. It’s the best of both worlds.
Tankinis are suits that consist of two separate pieces, but provide the coverage of a one-piece suit. They include a bikini bottom or short, as well as a stylish tank top.
Without a doubt, this is a comfortable and practical alternative that’s sure to allow you to enjoy your vacation to the max. You can use it at any point during your pregnancy since it adjusts to your growing belly. It also provides protection, support, coverage and convenience.
Women who chose tankinis during pregnancy enjoy the following advantages.
- The ease of combining colors, sizes and styles according to their changing bodies.
- Versatility. They look great at the beach, by the pool, or just while you’re out and about.
- Tankinis protect your belly from sun rays.
In conclusion, the best swimsuits for pregnant women are those that offer protection, support and comfort. Furthermore, they should be attractive and make your feminine side stand out. So, which suit will you choose?It might interest you...