When is the best time of year to become pregnant?
Although nothing can guarantee that conception will occur on a specific date, you can still try to become pregnant during a specific time. The best time of year to become pregnant is that which makes gestation easier and more comfortable.
This will vary depending on each women and each partner. For example, some must plan around their jobs. Having a baby in the middle of your busiest time of year can be very difficult.
Future travel plans, seasonal climate issues, and holiday festivities are also something to keep in mind when deciding when to get pregnant. As for climate and temperature, excessive heat or cold can be factors to consider.
Science has discovered interesting coincidences that indicate when the best time for getting pregnant is. This is the conclusion of several studies that are available to the public.
The best time of year to get pregnant
According to studies, the best time of year to get pregnant is summer. The magazine Proceedings of the National Academy of Science state that babies conceived in July or August have a higher birth weight than babies conceived during others months of the year.
Keys for becoming pregnant
Knowing when the best dates are for getting pregnant is one thing. But managing to get pregnant just when you hope is a another.
Getting pregnant on the exact date you wished is not that simple. However, here are some suggestions that you can put into practice to try to get as close as possible:
- First of all, you should verify that there isn’t any medical impediment to your getting pregnant. If there is, your efforts will be fruitless without prior treatment.
- Stay calm and relaxed. Your state of mind influences your fertility. Stress and anxiety have a negative effect on fertility.
- Exercise daily. Physical activity is also a factor that makes conception easier.
- Follow a healthy diet. The reproductive system functions better when your body is healthy.
- Eliminate alcohol and tobacco. These two substances are fierce enemies of fertility. It’s best to take them out of your diet completely.
- Download a fertility calculator. Obviously, you have a better chance of conceiving if you have an account of your body’s fertility cycle.
- Lose weight, if necessary. Being overweight limits your fertility.
Factors to keep in mind
There are some aspects that should be taken into consideration. They have to do with your comfort and security during pregnancy. Based on these factors, you can define precisely when is the best time of year for you to get pregnant.
Factors such as…
- If you are prone to the flu or other similar seasonal illnesses, it’s best not to plan your child’s birth for winter months. You want your body at its best in order for your baby’s arrival to go as smoothly as possible.
- If you have high blood pressure or suffer from liquid retention, then it’s best not to plan the end of your pregnancy for summer. Excessive heat can cause these problems to worsen. Especially if your third trimester coincides with the hottest summer months.
- Some studies suggest that sperm quality is higher during the winter months. This is logical, since heat is one of the factors that limits male fertility. Therefore, if you’re having a hard time getting pregnant, you might want to try during winter.
- Aparentantly, July is the best month to be born. This is because mothers produce a greater amount of vitamin D. This makes children less prone to allergies.
Without a doubt, the best time to try to become pregnant is ultimately when you and your partner are ready.