6 Things to Throw a Baby Shower
The joy and emotion of welcoming in a new little bundle of joy is shared with friends and family on this special occasion. Now, do you know what 6 things you need to throw a baby shower?
An enjoyable and pleasant environment for all guests are important for any celebration. Of course, in the case of a baby shower, don’t forget that the future mom is the most important guest that needs to feel happy and relaxed.
6 things to throw a baby shower
The following tips will help you throw a baby shower that you and your guests will love.
Remember, you need to take into account the tastes and preferences of the future mom, but also of the guests. That way, everyone will have a great time. You’ll see that it’s not only about decorations and gifts.
1. Who organizes the baby shower?
Traditionally, a close friend or relative organizes the party, like an aunt, sister, cousin, or sister-in-law. However, there are mothers who like to organize their own party.
Everything depends on the individual. Sometimes, mothers decide to have a party planner do the whole event.
2. The place and date
An important aspect to keep in mind is the place where the event will take place. This will determine the types of activities and the number of guests.
You have to make sure there’s enough space for everyone. After all, a small room crammed with people can be overwhelming.
It’s important to create a calm and comfortable environment for everyone. You can also celebrate the baby shower in your backyard, something that will undoubtedly be a very pleasant surprise.
As for the date, it’s best to throw a baby shower 1 or 2 months before the baby is expected to be born. Also, when choosing the date and time, you need to make sure that it’s a time when most of the guests can attend.
3. The guests
In general, the first ones to invite are closest relatives, such as grandparents, aunts, nephews and close friends. If a friend organizes the party, be careful not to forget to invite family members.
4. Decorations and gifts
You have to take into account the future mom’s tastes, the baby’s sex, and current trends. There are tons of themes out there for you to choose from. However, the important thing is to be original and avoid doing too much.
You can get inspiration from:
- Baby animals: bears, storks, birds, and more
- Children’s characters (traditional or modern)
- Baby accessories (baby bottles, cribs, stuffed animals)
- Balloons of lots of different colors
As for the gifts, if it’s a surprise party, it’s a good idea to make a list to help guests think of something to give the future mother or baby. While you don’t have to give them something, it’s always good to give a nice memorable gift.
Additionally, you can make a card where all the guests write their good wishes for the mother and the baby.
5. Food and drinks
At a baby shower, it’s always important to have food. If the party is in the afternoon, you can have a bunch of snacks. However, if the party is close to noon or at night, it’s best to serve lunch or dinner.
6. Games and activities
Games are the best part of the party! It’s also the perfect time to laugh with your guests. Some good ones are:
- In my shoes. Have the guests put an inflated balloon under their shirt. Then, they have to try to put on their shoes without popping the balloon. The idea is to imitate the pregnant woman in a fun way.
- How big is mom’s belly? All participants must guess the size of the future mom’s belly. To do this, each person will take ribbon and cut it for however big they think her stomach is. Then, they each place it around her waist. The one that’s closest to the real measurement wins.
You can include other activities, such as dance competitions and guessing games about the mom and baby. The goal is for everyone to have a great time.
Then, at the end of the party, it’s common in many countries to tell stories or memories about the guests. These are little samples of gratitude for having shared this special time together.It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Pérez Miralles, P. (2018). LA MATERNIDAD EN LA FOTOGRAFÍA. EL MILAGRO DE LA VIDA (Doctoral dissertation, Universitat Politècnica de València). https://riunet.upv.es/handle/10251/108944
- Bilici, N., Pehlivanlı, R., & Yılmaz, N. (2018). Innovation and Global Issues 2: Congress Book. InGlobe Academy. https://books.google.es/books?hl=es&lr=&id=ypwXEAAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PA344&dq=baby+shower+party&ots=PULHEYvyxF&sig=igmFIuDgAu1rXQxozBBGQvhAJxc#v=onepage&q&f=false
- Saretuz. (s.f.). Criterios para organizar eventos. Red de consumo consciente, Responsable y Transformador de Donostia. Consultado el 15 de mayo 2023. https://docplayer.es/71165891-Criterios-para-organizar-eventos.html
- Solís, F., & José, A. (2020). Creación de una microempresa de decoraciones para eventos. Babahoyo, UTB – FAFI 2020. http://dspace.utb.edu.ec/handle/49000/7623