3 Delicious Cake Recipes for Children
Get ready to bake some delicious homemade desserts! Today, we're going to share 3 cake recipes for children. They're perfect for birthdays or special occasions.
In this article you’ll find 3 delicious cake recipes for children that you can make with them and enjoy together as a family.
Almost all children love desserts and sweets. However, as parents, you need to feed them in a healthy, nutritious way, avoiding processed products. Whenever possible, offer homemade foods with natural ingredients.
1. A classic: chocolate cake
We’ll start with the king of sweets, the favorite children and adults alike: chocolate. The recipe we’ve chosen is so simple that they could even make it alone. Also, the result is spectacular!
- 3/4 cup of baking chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 4 tbsp of butter
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Melt the chocolate. For this, first you’ll have to chop it up. Then, either put it in a water bath, or add a teaspoon of water and melt it in the microwave.
- Keep an eye on it while it’s cooking. Stir the chocolate with a wooden spoon to prevent it from burning and helping it melt evenly.
- Once it’s ready, add the sugar, melted butter, flour, and the yolks of the three eggs.
- Beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Then, add it to the rest of the mixture.
- Grease the mold with butter, then add the mixture.
- Bake it for half an hour at 350ºF.
Once you remove it from the mold and let it cool, you can decorate it with icing, fondant, or sprinkles.
2. No-bake strawberry cheesecake
If you don’t want your children to use the oven, we have a great solution for you. This is one of the best no-bake cake recipes for children.
- 8 oz of Philadelphia cream cheese
- 2 cups of milk
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 packet of unflavored gelatin powder
- 1 3/4 cups of graham crackers
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 pint of strawberries. In addition, you could use any other fruits that you like. For example, you could use strawberries, blueberries, or blackberries instead.
- Crush the graham crackers. You can put them in a bag and crush them into crumbs with a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter. Then, mix it with the graham cracker crumbs until you get a homogenous mixture.
- Cover the bottom of a spring-form pan with this mix. Next, press it down using a spoon.
- Put it in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the milk, gelatin and sugar over a low flame, stirring constantly. Stir until everything is dissolved, being careful not to let it boil.
- Remove it from the heat and add Philadelphia cream cheese, mixing it well.
- Then, pour the mixture into the mold with the cookie base. Once it’s warm, chill it for 6 hours.
When you remove it from the mold, put the fruit on top and you’re done!
3. Red velvet: a classic vegan version
We want to take everyone into account. Therefore, we’ll show you a cake recipe for vegan children who don’t consume any animal products.
For the cake:
- 2 cups of vegetable milk (almond, oats, rice, soy, etc.)
- 1 coffee cup of oil
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 envelope of yeast
- The liquid from boiling a couple of beets
For the filling and top:
- 8 oz of vegan cheese
- 1/2 cup of vegetable margarine
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup of vegan whipped cream
To decorate: berries
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, sugar and yeast). Then, mix the milk, 2 tablespoons of beet juice, and oil in another bowl.
- Add them together, and mix until you have a homogenous mix without lumps.
- Grease a mold and pour the mixture into it. Then, bake it for 40 minutes at 350ºF. Next, let it cool down to room temperature or put it in the fridge for a little while.
- Mix the margarine, powdered sugar, and cream cheese.
- Then, mix everything and add the whipped cream. Stir again until all of the ingredients are incorporated.
- Once the cake is cold, cut it into three slices and alternate layers of cream and sponge cake.
- Use a spatula to cover the entire cake with cream. Make sure the surface is nice and smooth.
- Finally, decorate with fruit and enjoy!
What do you think about these cake recipes for children? We’re sure that they’ll love eating them, but they’ll love making them with you even more.