3 Cheesy Recipes for Your Third Trimester
The nutrients found in cheese are healthy and necessary for pregnant women. There are some cheeses you should avoid, but there's still a long list you can choose from.
Cheesy recipes for the third trimester of pregnancy are a good alternative when you want to add variety to your weekly menu. This important dairy product offers vitamins, calcium and zinc, nutrients that every woman needs during her final trimester.
The truth is, many future mothers may feel limited in regards to their cheese consumption. But the good news is that there’s a wide variety of cheese that you can eat while you’re pregnant.
Doctors restrict only certain aged and soft cheeses that pose a risk of infection. To help you include cheese in your diet, we want to share some healthy, nutritious and delicious cheesy recipes.
Salad with tuna and cheese
During the third trimester, important fetal brain development takes place. Therefore, we suggest eating foods with a higher omega 3 content. In this sense, a recipe that includes light fish is an excellent choice.
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Varied lettuce leaves.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- White tuna fillets.
- 1 red bell pepper.
- Cherry tomatoes.
- Salt and pepper.
- Chives or parsley.
- Pour abundant water in a pot and add salt. Bring to a boil and then blanch the asparagus.
- Finely chop the red bell pepper and chives or parsley.
- Sauté the cherry tomatoes in olive oil and add a pinch of salt. Set aside for later.
- Season the tuna fish with salt and pepper.
- Brown the fish fillets on a very hot skillet.
- Dress the lettuce with lemon juice and salt. Then add the red bell pepper and chives or parsley.
- Add the tomatoes and place the fish fillets over the rest of the ingredients.
- Finally, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Cheesy recipes for your third trimester: Broccoli with cheese and bacon
- 12 ounces of parmesan cheese.
- 5 ounces of bacon.
- 1 cup of cream.
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch.
- 1 cup of cold water.
- 2 heads of broccoli.
- Olive oil.
- 1/2 cup of milk.
- Wash the broccoli and separate into florettes.
- Cook the broccoli in a pan with water and salt. Add the broccoli once the water boils. Allow to cook for 12 minutes. Remove and add a bit of butter.
- Preheat the oven to 400º F.
- Now, chop the bacon into strips and brown it in a frying pan with half a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Once the bacon is browned, add one cup of cream, a half cup of milk, and nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
- Dilute one tablespoon of corn starch in one cup of cold water. Add to the above mixture.
- Stir the mixture until it becomes thick. Then, add the broccoli. Add salt if needed.
- Add plenty of parmesan cheese and bake for another 20 minutes in the broiler.
Chicken paté with walnuts and cheese
This is another great recipe if you’re in your third trimester of pregnancy. The best part is, it’s easy to prepare and it offers plenty of flavor to fight off those pregnancy cravings.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 2½ lbs. of chicken breast.
- 1 cup cream cheese.
- 2 ounces of walnuts.
- Pepper (black and pink).
- Chives or parsley.
- Cut the chicken breast into small pieces and season with pink and black pepper.
- Sauté the chicken pieces in a frying pan with olive oil. You can brown the chicken as much as you wish, given that you’ll grind it later on.
- Allow the chicken to set, and add cream cheese and chives or parsley.
- Now, grind the mixture until you have a smooth paté texture. This is idea for spreading on toast any time of day.
As you can see, these three cheesy recipes for the third trimester of pregnancy are easy to prepare. They all contain healthy ingredients and are packed with flavor.