3 Dinner Recipes for the Second Trimester of Pregnancy
It's very important to nourish yourself in a healthy and enjoyable way. You should especially make sure you do this during your second trimester. Learn to make 3 healthy dinner recipes in this article.
Just like in all stages of pregnancy, it’s useful to have healthy and balanced dinner recipes that are easy to make at home. This benefits not only the mother, but the baby as well.
However, it’s not always easy to decide what to eat. On the other hand, you might have fallen into a rut and don’t have inspiration to make something new. Therefore, we have some ideas for dinner recipes to help you solve this problem.
Yes, it’s possible to indulge yourself and stay within healthy limits. Eating nutritious foods isn’t synonymous with tasteless flavors, strict diets or small quantities. On the contrary, it’s about learning to take advantage of new foods, and making new combinations you can choose from.
That being said, don’t be alarmed. Eating healthy doesn’t mean you should spend more time in the kitchen. In fact, the vast majority of alternatives will hardly occupy your time, so you won’t slave over the meals.
In addition, many of these dinner recipes can be prepared ahead of time. That way, you don’t have to spend a lot of time cooking right before dinner.
Dinner recipes for the second trimester of pregnancy
By knowing the properties of these foods and incorporating them in a balanced way every week, you can nourish yourself the right way.
In fact, this is the secret that many people don’t always see. There are no magic foods in themselves or fabulous diets. The only magic is being aware of the quality of your food.
Dinner is a good time to eat a light but substantial dish. In addition, it should be packed with nutrients.
1. Zucchini omelet with potatoes and tuna
In this recipe, you’ll find both plant and animal proteins. Thanks to the filling effect of potatoes, you’ll feel full with just one portion. Additionally, thanks to the tuna, it’ll taste great. You’ll love it during your second trimester.
- 1 zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 1 red onion
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 can of tuna in water
- Condiments: salt, black pepper, olive oil (to taste)
- First, wash all of the vegetables well.
- Next, peel and slice the potatoes and zucchini.
- Then, cut the onions in julienne slices.
- Fry the potatoes in a pan until they’re done. Then, take them out and drain them on a paper towel.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until the yolks and white are fully mixed.
- Add all of the ingredients to the pan and cook it over medium heat with the lid for 5 minutes.
- Flip the omelet and let it brown on the other side.
- Once ready, you can enjoy this dinner for your second trimester with a rich salad or natural fruit smoothie.
2. Crepes with salad
- 1 egg
- 1 cucumber
- Lettuce leaves
- 1 grated carrot
- 4 small tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms
- 3/4 cup of corn flour
- 1 cup of semi-skim milk
- Condiments: balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: fresh oregano (to decorate)
- To prepare the second dinner for the second trimester, add the milk, eggs, flour, salt and pepper to a bowl.
- Then, mix until you get a homogenous mix.
- Next, in a greased nonstick skillet, pour some of the cream. Let it brown on both sides.
- In a salad bowl, add the lettuce, onion, tomato (cubed), carrot, mushrooms and cucumber (sliced).
- After that, add a little dressing over it and stir.
- For the presentation, just place the salad on the crepes. Also, add a little fresh oregano on top.
3. Chicken salad with spinach
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/2 cup of cooked corn
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup of spinach
- 1/2 cup of lettuce
- Condiments: salt to taste, honey mustard dressing or tartar sauce
- Optional: a few slices of goat cheese
- To prepare the third dinner for the second trimester of pregnancy, first, cook the chicken in water. Flavor the water with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, add the lettuce, sliced tomato (without the seeds), spinach (without the stem), corn and shredded chicken.
- Then, add the dressing with lemon juice and stir well.
- If you’d like, eat this with a few slices of whole grain bread.
Remember, you should eat dinner during the second trimester at least two hours before going to sleep. This way you’ll have enough time to digest it and sleep.
On the other hand, keep in mind that you can shake things up. You don’t need to eat the same thing every night. For example, you can eat sandwiches and salads instead of crepes, if you’d like.