3 Fantastic Salad Ideas for Your Family
When it comes to preparing salads, the possibilities are endless. One extra ingredient or a special dressing can add an unforgettable touch that will please the whole family.
Who doesn’t love surprising their family with fantastic new salad ideas? For vegetable lovers, these dishes are a true delicacy.
3 fantastic salad ideas
1. Chicken salad
For this succulent salad, you’ll need several ingredients that you’re sure to have on hand. It’s a variation of a cooked vegetable salad, but with a special touch.
This delicious salad will be the perfect side for any meal.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 large carrots
- 1 chicken breast
- 4 heaping tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 can of peas
- 1 green apple, chopped
- Fresh cilantro leaves (one sprig)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the chicken breast in a pan of water. Add a touch of salt and a handful of cilantro to add flavor.
- Cut the carrots and potatoes into small cubes and cook in a separate pan of boiling water. You should cook them separately because potatoes tend to soften faster than carrots.
- Once the chicken is ready, allow to cool completely and then shred the meat by hand.
- In a salad bowl, add the chicken, carrots and potatoes. Stir the ingredients together with half of the mayonnaise (2 tablespoons).
- Then, add the chopped apple, green peas and the rest of the mayonnaise.
- You can adjust the amount of mayonnaise if needed, and also add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Fresh salad
This is one of the freshest and most incredible salad ideas that you’ll find. The combination of fruits and vegetables will leave you with a sweet and sour flavor that will fascinate your family and guests.
- 1 red apple cut into slices, with skin
- 2 oranges, peeled and cut into slices
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce and 1 romaine lettuce
- 1 radish
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of fresh orange juice
- ½ cup of kiwi juice (you can substitute the kiwi juice with fresh green grape juice that has been blended without the grape skin)
- To prepare the salad, you should first carefully wash the lettuce. To do so, place the leaves in 3 parts water and 1 part vinegar. Spread out the leaves and be sure to submerge them completely in the mixture. Allow to soak for 10 minutes and then rinse well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
- Once the lettuce is clean and well-drained, mix all of the ingredients together. Then stir in the dressing a little at a time.
- Just before serving, add a bit of salt to keep the vegetables from drying out.
“For vegetable lovers, these salad ideas are a true delicacy”
3. Daisy salad
This amazing salad’s flavor combination is sure to please. This Mediterranean-style mixture is the perfect side to a delicious filet of meat.
Ingredients (makes about 4 servings)
- 2 stalks of celery
- 4 cups of mushrooms
- 2 turnips
- 3 carrots
- 1 lemon
- 2 green onions
For the vinaigrette:
- ½ tablespoon of vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of sweetener
- ½ tablespoon of powdered ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the mushrooms thoroughly and remove their stems. Once they’re clean and dry, cut into slices.
- Once you’ve cut the mushrooms, take the lemon and squeeze over the slices.
- Cut the turnips and celery into thin strips, the carrots into thin slices, and the green onion into long strips.
- In a separate bowl, mix the ingredients for the vinaigrette and set aside.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a salad bowl. Serve the salad on plates before adding the dressing.
These salad options stand out not only for the delicious and unique flavors, but also their nutritional value.
Combine them with your family’s favorite meals and they’re sure to be a crowd pleaser. In just minutes, you’ll have the perfect addition to a wonderful family dinner.