4 Recipes for Making Fruit Ice Cream
These simple fruit ice cream recipes make for a great afternoon snack that satisfies your sweet tooth. Fruit ice cream is a delicious natural dessert that you can share with family and friends.
To make ice cream at home you won’t need much. You can create endless recipes and combinations by using a variety of different fruits.
Making homemade fruit ice cream is a great way to encourage healthy eating habits and avoid excess sugar intake among children. After all, who doesn’t like ice cream?
Recipes to make fruit ice cream
1. Strawberry ice cream and coconut milk
- 200 g of strawberries
- 200 ml of coconut milk
- Wash the strawberries, remove the stem, and chop them into small pieces.
- Put the strawberries in the cooler to freeze.
- Put the coconut milk in an airtight container, then put it in the cooler for at least 3 hours.
- After, remove the coconut milk and strawberries from the cooler and crush the fruit until it has a creamy texture.
2. Natural orange ice cream
- 7 oranges
- 4 tbsp. of honey
- 100 ml of cold water
- Orange shavings
- 1/2 L of natural water
- Put the water and honey in a pot next to the orange shavings.
- Cook at low temperature until the honey dissolves and then remove the mixture from the heat.
- Remove the skin from the oranges, take out the seeds, and squeeze them.
- In a bowl, combine the orange juice with the honey water and mix.
- Pour the mixture in small containers. Put them in the freezer for 4 hours.
3. Coconut and banana ice cream
- 1 unripe banana
- 200 ml of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. of grated coconut
- 3 tbsp. of honey or sugar
- Put the peeled banana in a container and put it in the freezer.
- In a small pan, add the coconut milk and cook over medium heat.
- When the coconut milk is about to boil, add honey or sugar and lower the heat. Let it cook for 30 minutes and then let it sit.
- When noticing that the coconut milk has reached room temperature once again, take the banana out of the fridge.
- Put the banana in the blender next to the grated coconut and the coconut milk mixture. Beat until creamy.
- Place the mixture in molds or small containers and put them in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
4. Peach and cherry ice cream
- 750 g of ripe peaches
- 300 g of ripe cherries
- 250 g of natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp. of sugar
- 2 cups of skim milk
- 1 tbsp. of ground cinnamon
- Remove the skin and chop the peaches.
- Pit the cherries.
- In a blender, add the peach, the pitted cherries, and the yogurt. Blend.
- Lift the lid of the blender and slowly add the skim milk, sugar, and ground cinnamon.
- Stop blending once you obtain a smooth mixture.
- Distribute the mixture in the molds and put them in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
Thanks to these simple fruit ice cream recipes, you’ll have perfect, healthy, and delicious desserts in your freezer. You can add toppings to all of the mentioned flavors, such as almonds, peanuts, pistachio or hazelnuts.It might interest you...