Gluten-Free Recipes for The Third Trimester of Pregnancy
Whether for lunch, snack or dinner, the following gluten-free recipes can be of great help for your weekly planning.
During these last few months of pregnancy, there’s nothing better than eating delicious and healthy foods. In this article, we’ll offer some gluten-free recipes for women who are currently in their third trimester of pregnancy and who suffer from celiac disease.
As your due date is fast approaching, both you and your baby’s nutritional and caloric needs are increasing. A diet that includes a good intake of carbohydrates (source of energy), protein (for the formation of tissues and bones), and vitamins is completely necessary. Let’s not forget about minerals and fats – they’re important too!
Although a varied diet consists of consuming different kinds of foods, people with celiac disease (or simply those who can’t consume gluten for any reason) have certain limitations. The following gluten-free recipes can be of great help.
You can prepare them at home for lunch, snack or dinner. However, it’s important that you first consult with a professional about any particular nutritional needs you may have.
If your doctor says you can prepare and eat these gluten-free recipes, don’t hesitate to give them a go! Let’s see them.
4 gluten-free recipe for the third trimester of pregnancy
- 250 grams of cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- 250 grams of skimmed-milk powder
- 1 and a half tablespoon of xanthan gum
- 250 grams of cassava
- Tablespoons of corn oil
For the gum:
- 5 tablespoons of cassava
- 130 cc of water
- Mix the starch, the cassava, the milk powder, and the xanthan gum using a manual mixer.
- Add 300 grams of this preparation in a bowl. Then, add the eggs and the tablespoons of oil. Mix and set aside.
- Prepare the gum and cook over high heat while stirring until it’s separated from the bottom.
- Add the latter preparation to the first mix and add salt. Proceed to knead with a wooden spoon and then with your hands.
- Add the dry ingredients until you can stretch out the dough using a rolling pin.
- Pass the preparation through the kneading machine as much as you need. In the last pass (step number 4) sprinkle the dough with cornstarch. Then, cut the noodles (step number 5).
- Let it rest, and then cook in plenty of water with salt and oil.
- Drain, add butter and grated cheese (if preferred) and serve.
Lemon or orange cookies
- 200 grams of butter
- 300 grams of blonde sugar
- Lemon or orange zest (2)
- 200 grams of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of orange or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 100 grams of cassava
- 3 egg yolks
- 100 grams of skimmed-milk powder
- 200 grams of authorized pre-mix
- Form a cream by mixing the butter and the sugar. Add the egg yolks one by one, the honey, the zest, and the juice.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cassava, the cornstarch, the milk powder and the pre-mix (around 500 grams) with the help of a hand mixer.
- Add the latter preparation to the cream until it can be kneaded.
- Move the preparation to a surface where you can stretch the dough with a rolling pin.
- Cut the dough using a cookie cutter (it can be the size and shape you want).
- Place the cookies on a greased plate with the cornstarch.
- Bake at minimum heat for 30 minutes.
Chicken and zucchini
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 onion
- 2 pinches of salt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Wash and cut the zucchini into slices (make sure they’re not too thick).
- Cut the onion into slices and the breast into medium size strips.
- Cook the onion in a pan with a little bit of olive oil. Then, add the zucchini and some salt. Add the lemon zest and sauté over medium heat for about 7 minutes.
- In another pan, cook the chicken. Add a pinch of salt and two tablespoons of lemon juice.
- When the chicken is done cooking, add it to the other pan and mix it with the other ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy!
Chicken is a great food that can be incorporated into gluten-free recipes for the third trimester of pregnancy.
For the dough:
- 400 grams of ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of sweetener
- 3 tablespoons of baking powder
For the filling:
- 2 apples
- Vanilla essence
Preparation of the dough:
- Mix all the ingredients until they come together. Then, pour the preparation on a baking sheet lined with buttered paper and a little bit of olive oil.
- Cook in the oven at a moderate heat until it becomes firm.
- Place the roll on a moist dishcloth.
Preparation of the filling:
- Peel the apples and cut them into small cubes.
- Cook them in a saucepan adding a tablespoon of water over low heat.
- Once the purée is formed, add the vanilla essence and the sweetener.
- Fill the dough you previously made.
- Roll it up carefully with the help of the moist washcloth.
- Put it in the fridge and wait until it’s really cold.
- Sprinkle some grated coconut on it and serve.
We all know that the last months of pregnancy aren’t what you would call “easy.” Therefore, if you don’t feel like preparing a meal, don’t hesitate to ask your family, a friend or your significant other for help.
With these gluten-free recipes for the third trimester of pregnancy, planning your next meal or snack will be much easier. Your baby is almost here, remember to take care of yourself during the last three months of this beautiful experience.