Grandma’s Recipes That Your Children Will Love
What's best, traditional or modern food? For the little ones in the house, Grandma's recipes are always a great option.
These classic dishes are straight from Grandma’s recipes. They’re menu options that kids have always loved. Don’t stop making them!
Vegetable soup with ham
This hot soup provides all of the nutrients of vegetables and ham in a simple, delicious way.
- 3 potatoes, chopped
- 5 sliced carrots
- 1/2 sliced zucchini
- 1 sliced leek
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of ham, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- In a pan, fry the chopped garlic in the oil. Add the vegetables and sauté for a few minutes. Finally, add the ham and stir for a moment.
- Pour the beef broth over the sauce. Then, boil for half an hour or until the potatoes are soft.
- Add salt and serve. These aren’t the only ingredients you can use. Feel free to add other vegetables or proteins.
Spaghetti with tomato and chicken
In this recipe from Grandma, the delicious pasta is served with tomato and a lean protein.
- Spaghetti (amount to taste)
- 1/2 chicken, cut in pieces
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons of wheat flour
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Bay leaf
- Olive oil
- Firstly, grind the garlic, oregano and bay leaf in a mortar. Then, pour this mixture over the previously salted chicken and mix it with the oil. Marinade it for one hour.
- Next, once marinated, coat it with flour and fry it in plenty of oil. When you take it out, drain it on paper towels. Cut the tomatoes and fry them in olive oil with a little salt and pepper.
- Finally, cook the pasta. To serve, place the pasta first, bathe it in the tomato sauce and add chicken on top.
Rice with milk: one of Grandma’s most famous recipes
Rice with milk is another favorite among Grandma’s recipes.
- 3/4 cup of rice
- 4 cups of milk
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter
- Lemon zest
- Cinnamon, both powdered and sticks
- Firstly, in a pot, heat the milk without boiling it. Add sugar, lemon zest and 2 cinnamon sticks. Boil and add the well-rinsed rice. Immediately reduce the heat to medium and stir constantly.
- Next, when the volume of the milk decreases, remove it from the heat.
- Finally, remove the cinnamon sticks and mix the butter in well. Let it stand for a little while and serve. Garnish it with powdered cinnamon on top.
Potatoes with eggs and ham
This traditional recipe combines the fries that children love with eggs and ham.
- 1 pound of potatoes, sliced into sticks
- 3 eggs
- 1 onion
- Sliced ham
- Chopped parsley
- Olive oil
- Fry the potatoes in hot oil until golden brown. Drain them on a paper towel. Add salt.
- Fry the eggs in a little oil without cooking them too much. Turn off the heat, add the potatoes and stir to break the eggs.
- Serve immediately with sliced ham. Sprinkle parsley on top.
Churros with chocolate
The crispness and sweetness of the churros and melted chocolate is a tempting option for children.
Ingredients for churros:
- 1 cup of wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 spoon of sugar
- 1 cup of butter
- 3 eggs
- Sunflower oil
- 1 pinch of salt
Ingredients for chocolate:
- Bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of condensed milk
- Firstly, in a saucepan, heat the milk, water, butter and salt without boiling. Turn off the heat and pour the flour. Stir until it forms a thick mixture.
- Let it cool a little. Add the eggs and mix. Use a pastry sleeve to pipe the churros.
- Then, heat oil in a frying pan and add the dough in the shape of your churros. When they are brown, they will be cut into smaller pieces.
- Next, when removing the churros, place them on paper towels to drain the grease. While they’re still hot, sprinkle sugar and cinnamon.
- Finally, melt the chocolate and add butter, milk and condensed milk.
These are only five of Grandma’s recipes for children. Of course, your little ones will love the traditional flavors and smells!
There are many other classic family recipes that kids will not only love eating, but also making!