5 Puree Recipes for Babies 12 Months and Older
We’ve compiled 5 fabulous puree recipes for babies that are both nutritious and easy to make.
The first years of your baby’s life are the most important for their development, which is why they need the best diet possible.
The best baby food for children
Adequate nutrition in the first years of life is essential for the proper development of your baby.
So when you cook, remember to always try to use natural foods, as they’re much healthier than processed foods.
These puree recipes for babies are perfect for a balanced diet.
Banana and Mandarin Puree
- 4 bananas
- 1/2 mandarin orange
- Sugar to taste
- To start, peel and slice the bananas.
- Put the pieces in a blender together with the juice of 1/2 a mandarin orange.
- Puree well and add sugar to your liking, taking care not to add too much.
- After adding the sugar, puree one last time and serve immediately.
Cauliflower and Cheese Puree
- 175 g cauliflower
- 3/4 cup milk
- 15 g margarine
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 g grated cheddar cheese
- First, split the cauliflower into several small pieces.
- In a pot, heat water with a little salt.
- Once the water is about to boil, add the cauliflower and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, drain the cauliflower and transfer it to a bowl.
- To make the puree, add margarine to the cauliflower.
- With a fork, mash everything until it becomes a thick paste.
- Add milk and stir until you achieve a smooth texture for your baby.
- Finally, add the grated cheese and serve to your little one to enjoy.
White Fish Puree
- 1 hake fillet
- 2 carrots
- 1 potato
- 1 cup water
- 1 chive
- A little extra virgin olive oil
- Peel and chop the potato, chives and carrots.
- Once they’re ready, put them in a pot to boil along with the hake fillet until the vegetables are soft.
- Next, remove and drain the vegetables. Transfer them to a blender and puree with a little bit of cooking water, letting them grind for about 3 minutes.
- Then, crumble the fillet and add it to the blender. Make sure there are no hard pieces.
- Puree everything in the blender until you achieve a homogeneous and soft mixture for the baby.
- Finally, to serve, add a few drops of extra virgin olive oil to the plate.
Watermelon, mango and banana puree
- 1 slice of watermelon
- 1 orange
- 1 banana
- 1 mango
- Peel the watermelon, banana and mango one by one and chop them into pieces, making sure to remove any seeds.
- Once they’re all cut up, add them to a blender and puree until you get a smooth and homogeneous mixture.
- Add the juice of 1 orange little by little and puree the mixture a little more.
- In case the puree is very runny, add a gluten-free cookie to thicken it up.
Zucchini and ham puree
- 1 zucchini
- 80 g cooked ham
- 1 potato
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Wash and peel the potato and zucchini
- Next, cook them by steaming. You can do this by putting them in the microwave for 5 minutes at 100 degrees Celsius at one fourth the normal speed.
- Once this time has passed, add the ham along with a spoonful of cream cheese and olive oil. Set the timer for 3 minutes at 100 degrees Celsius at one fifth the normal speed.
- After that, puree the mixture a little and serve it instantly.
See how easy and quick it is to cook natural, high-quality baby food?
If you want your baby to be happy and healthy, don’t hesitate to put these recipes into practice.