Quick Dinner Ideas
Healthy food provides many benefits for the body. However, parents don’t always have time to prepare elaborate meals for the family. Here are 5 quick dinner recipes that are easy to make at home.
In order for food to be good for our body, it has to be nutritious, healthy and light. Breakfast is usually given the most importance, however, all meals are important when it comes to maintaining a healthy life style.
Many parents don’t have time to cook. Having a few options on hand for fast dinners will help you on busy days when you just don’t have time.
Children are constantly growing and they spend a lot of energy during the day. A nutritious dinner will help them replenish their energy. It will also allow them to rest better at the end of the day.
Dinner should be light, especially for the little ones that go to bed immediately after eating. In this article we’ll share a few quick dinner ideas for the family.
5 quick dinner ideas that can be prepared in record time
1. Stuffed tomatoes
Depending on your taste, you can fill them up with tuna, chicken, meat, couscous and even rice.
In addition to being simple to prepare, this meal has many essential nutrients such as vitamin C which helps with the growth and reparation of tissues.
It’s also a fun meal because it’s composed of intense colors (the red tomatoes) that draw the children’s attention.
2. Caprese salad
This simple dish has a mix of incredible flavors that your child will love.
To prepare it, you’ll need 2 tomatoes, 2 balls of mozzarella cheese, basil leaves, olive oil and salt.
- The first step is to wash and cut the tomatoes into thin slices. After this is done, do the same with the balls of mozzarella.
- Assemble the tomato slices and the cheese slices on top of each other.
- Then, wash the basil leaves and crush them with a little salt and olive oil.
- Add this mixture on top of the tomato slices and mozzarella cheese.
3. Tuna and vegetable croquettes
Many children don’t like fish. Therefore, the best way to include it in their diet is by serving it differently.
You can accompany this dish with cooked vegetables. Their contrasting tones will be sure to capture your child’s attention.
In order to prepare this dish, you’ll need a little cauliflower, 2 eggs, flour and salt.
- Boil the cauliflower in a pot with water and salt for 30 minutes. Before removing it, prick it with a fork to make sure it is tender.
- After taking out the cauliflower, slice it and coat each one of its “flowers” in flour.
- Beat an egg and salt in a bowl and then dip the cauliflower in this mixture.
- Finally, place a little oil in a frying pan and fry the cauliflowers until they are fully cooked.
This dish is ready when the cauliflower takes on a golden tone. They can then be placed in a dish to drain excess oil. This recipe is rich and fiber and it has very little fat.
5. Yogurt with fruit
Children would definitely rather eat dessert than a salad or vegetables. Therefore, it’s ideal to combine them both. This option is great for preparing fast dinners.
In order to prepare this recipe, you’ll need Greek yogurt, 50g of blackberries, 50g of raspberries, 100g of strawberries, 50g of walnuts and 75g of sugar.
- Firstly, stir the yogurt with a spoon then distribute it into cups.
- Afterwards, heat 400ml of water. Add the strawberries, blackberries and raspberries when it starts to boil.
- Slowly add the sugar and stir it until it forms a jam.
- Place the jam on the yogurt and decorate it as you please.
- Tip: if you don’t have Greek yogurt, you can use natural yogurt that doesn’t contain sugar and milk.
These recipes are ideal for preparing quick dinners that are also healthy. They provide plenty of nutrients and are very easy to prepare.
When you’re preparing dinner, you should keep in mind the rest of the meals that have been eaten during the day. This way you’ll be able to prepare foods that contain the necessary nutrients.
Avoiding too much oil is recommended, since it can make it harder for the little ones to get to sleep.