5 Sweet and Healthy Recipes to Make with Your Kids
Are there sweet and healthy recipes for making candy with children? The answer is yes! And furthermore, we can make them delicious. Put your aprons on because class is about to start!
As parents we try to take care of our children’s health as much as possible. Nutrition is a huge part of that. However, problems arise when children ask for sweets and junk food that we know aren’t good for them at all.
That’s why we’ve provided a list of sweet and healthy recipes below. Enjoy!
1. Sweet and healthy recipes: Fruit gummies
In this recipe, we’re going to share a secret tip: Substitute gelatin for agar, a type of algae. Besides being nutritious, agar serves to thicken any preparation.
- Agar algae: 1 tablespoon per cup of water
- Your choice of fruit, pureed or natural fruit juice
- Put the fruit juice or puree in a bowl.
- Add a bit of honey and agar dissolved in half a glass of water.
- Stir non-stop for 5 minutes, being sure to stir in a uniform manner.
- Fill your mold with the mixture and place in the refrigerator for one hour.
That’s it! Now you have some delicious and healthy gummies for your children to enjoy!
2. Sweet and healthy recipes: Chocolate-covered fruit
- Your choice of fruit: Those that combine best with chocolate are banana and strawberry, although kiwi and pineapple also have their fans.
- Chocolate for melting (according to the amount of fruit you’re going to prepare).
All you need to do is melt chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave. Then, place toothpicks in fruit pieces and dip them completely in your melted chocolate.
You can also add colorful sprinkles to decorate them and add a touch of color. Then, place your candies in the refrigerator and allow them to cool.
Tip: Stick the opposite end of the toothpicks in a potato so the pieces don’t touch one another.
3. Sweet and healthy recipes: False apple doughnuts
This healthy recipe is quick to prepare using ingredients that you have at home. Your kids are sure to love the results.
- Cut an apple horizontally into slices, removing the center. See how it resembles a doughnut?
- Cover the surface with almond cream, peanut butter and any other spread that your children enjoy.
- Decorate with chocolate chips or sprinkles or whatever you like.
4. Sweet and healthy recipes: Frozen yogurt with fruit
When you think about your children’s favorite sweets, ice cream is sure to be near the top of the list. Below you’ll find a healthy recipe that your kids will be sure to love. Take note:
- Fruit. Once again, your choice
- Unflavored yogurt
- Natural sweetener, such as honey or stevia
Mix all of the ingredients and beat well (children usually dislike chunks). Place the mixture into popsicle molds and place in the freezer until frozen.
5. Sweet and healthy recipes: Chocolate granola bars
This is one of the best sweet and healthy recipes on our list today, given its high nutritional value. It’s a great option to boost your children’s energy levels after sports, bike riding, swimming, etc.
- 2 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups puffed rice
- 1/3 cup of crushed mixed nuts (walnuts, peanuts, almonds, cashews)
- 1/3 cups muscovado or raw sugar
- 3 Tbsp of honey
- 3 Tbsp of butter
- A pinch of salt
- Mix the oatmeal, puffed rice, half of the chocolate chips, half of the crushed nuts and add a pinch of salt as well.
- Melt the 3 tablespoons of butter and add honey and sugar to form a homogeneous mixture.
- Allow to cool and when the butter mixture reaches room temperature, add it to the dry mixture above. Mix well.
- Place in a tray lined with parchment paper. This will make it easier to remove the granola bars when ready, and make the tray easier to wash.
- Distribute the mixture evenly on the tray and press down firmly to form a compact layer. Cover with the rest of the chocolate and nuts.
- Allow to cool, remove from tray and cut into bars.
We’re sure that your kids will love these sweet and healthy recipes. What’s more, you’ll all have fun preparing them together, and you can rest assured that they’re eating something nutritious.It might interest you...