4 Recipes with Carrots for Children
We’ve created a list of four recipes with carrots for children that we’re sure will surprise and captivate your little ones.
Children and vegetables don’t usually get along. Even so, you shouldn’t worry too much. However, with dedication and some creativity, you’ll get your children to eat and enjoy the benefits of this food.
Carrots are a great vegetable for children. For example, they provide vitamin A and a series of health benefits that include healthy skin, cancer prevention and anti-aging and antioxidant function.
In any case, if you’ve already tried all the options but can’t find a good carrot recipe for your children, we recommend trying one of the following recipes with carrots. We’re sure that you’ll succeed!
The best recipes with carrots for children
1. Carrots with baked potatoes
- 3 potatoes
- 6 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 egg
- Half a cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- Half a cup of grated cheese
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- Parmesan cheese
- First, steam the carrots and potatoes.
- Then, preheat the oven to 350ºF and combine the vegetables together.
- Add the egg, milk, onion, salt and parsley.
- Spread the veggies on the bottom of the baking dish and mix the breadcrumbs with the cheese to top off the dish.
- Finally, bake until the top turns golden.
2. Carrot yogurt
Next, we’ll show you the funnest recipe in this article and one of the favorites of little ones. It’s very simple to prepare.
- 2 cups of grated carrot
- 1 cup of yogurt
- Half a tablespoon of cumin
- Mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon of oil
To make carrot yogurt, you need to mix the carrot, yogurt and salt in a bowl. Then, heat the oil and add the mustard seeds. Sprinkle it over the yogurt and cover with cumin powder. You’re ready to enjoy!
3. Carrot muffins
- 2 cups of white whole wheat flour
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 a tablespoon of salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of grated carrots
- 1/4 cup of milk
- In a large bowl, add flour, sugar, spices, baking powder and salt. Then, stir for a few minutes.
- Then, add the carrots and coconut, mix and set it aside. Keep in mind that you’ll need a separate container to mix the yogurt, eggs, coconut oil and milk.
- Next, stir well to make sure all the ingredients are well combined. Once the mix is ready, you can fill the molds for each muffin.
- Finally, bake for 15-20 minutes and let them cool.
4. Carrot chips
Usually, children love fries. To make them healthier, you can use carrots. You’ll need:
- Coconut oil
You only have to cut the carrots as thin as possible and fry them until they’re cooked thoroughly. Finally, you can season them with salt, pepper and cinnamon.
Show your children that vegetables don’t have to be boring. Carrots are a very healthy option for children.
These recipes with carrots will help get your children interested in this healthy vegetable. What are you waiting for to choose your favorite recipe?It might interest you...