Salty Recipes for The First Trimester
After many attempts, you finally discovered that you’re pregnant, you feel nervous: your body will start to change and the first cravings will appear. That’s why we decided to provide you with the following tasty, salty recipes for the first trimester of pregnancy.
During this stage, pregnant women usually begin to crave chocolate and ice cream. However, it’s also normal to crave savory foods. Keep in mind that it’s a myth that pregnant women “have to eat for two.”
You can indulge yourself (because you deserve it), however, everything should be done in moderation. The following salty recipes for the first trimester of pregnancy are both healthy and delicious.
In the following months, you’ll experience various wonderful sensations and a great deal of fatigue. That’s why it’s okay to pamper yourself during this first stage. Remember: the healthier you are, the healthier your baby will be.
4 salty recipes for the first trimester of pregnancy
During pregnancy your needs will change. Your diet should be rich in folic acid, omega 3 and vitamin B12. Try to avoid saturated fats and excess sugar, as they can be harmful to your health.
Mango salad with cheese and avocado
- Fresh cheese
- 1 avocado
- Balsamic vinegar
- First of all, wash the vegetables and mango thoroughly. Once this is done, cut the fruit, avocado and cheese into pieces and mix them in a bowl with the lettuce. Pour in a little oil and mix it all together.
- Once this is done, add a pinch of salt and balsamic vinegar. At this stage, you can add any other fruit that you like. Finally, let the salad cool for a while in the fridge.
Veal with apple sauce
- 800 grams (28.2 ounces) of veal
- 1 apple
- Black pepper
- Cut the veal into pieces and cook it. Meanwhile, cut the apple and blend it. Once the apple is blended, pour it in veal and let it simmer for half an hour.
- Once this is done, add a pinch of salt and pepper. Now you have a delicious hot meal!
“Nobody can be sensible with an empty stomach.”
Meat stuffed potatoes
- 4 potatoes
- 1 pound of pork
- 2 boiled eggs
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of wheat flour
- As always, the first thing you should do is wash all the necessary ingredients. Then chop the potatoes, onions and garlic separately.
- Next, cook the potatoes with a little milk until they become soft. Meanwhile, fry the onions and garlic in a pan.
- Add the minced meat and salt, and fry until the meat takes on a golden brown color. Next, add the boiled eggs. Let the mixture cool, then make a ball with the potatoes and fill them with the minced meat mixture.
- Rub the dough with flour and fry them. Once the dough becomes golden, your dish is ready!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- Chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- Wheat flour
This is one of the most delicious salty recipes for the first trimester of pregnancy. Although it may seem like a sweet dish, the salt gives it a touch that makes this cake a real delicacy.
- Mix 300 grams (10.6 ounces) of wheat flour with two tablespoons of salt and two tablespoons of yeast. Meanwhile, chop the bananas and mix them with milk. In another bowl, pour in the eggs and beat for a few minutes.
- Next, mix the bananas, egg and flour together. Mix everything together for about 15 minutes and add the chocolate chips, salt and sugar.
- Next, spread a little butter on the baking pan to prevent the cake from sticking to the bottom. Pour in the cake mixture and bake for 1 hour at 200 degrees C (390 degrees F).
- Once 1 hour has passed, take out the cake and let it cool down.
Don’t forget to go to all of your appointments with your obstetrician as your pregnancy progresses. They’re the most qualified people to give you advice. They might even provide you with a few more new recipes that will provide you with energy and vitality during the next trimesters to come.