3 Sandwich Recipes for Children
To help you vary the menu a bit, we’ll suggest some great sandwich recipes for children below.
Sandwiches are a popular option when we’re in a hurry to feed several diners. You can use various ingredients, as well as different sauces and combinations. They’re also easy and quick to prepare.
When it comes to snacks and mealtimes, sandwiches are an ally that you should take full advantage of. They can be filled with proteins, vegetables, fruits, natural sauces and cheeses, guaranteeing the balance that children need in their diet.
Thinking of that same versatility, we’ve brought together several flavors in two categories: salty and sweet. Go ahead and discover how delicious these sandwich recipes for children really are.
Surely more than one will prove to be a pleasant surprise. You also have total freedom to let your imagination fly when it comes to decorating and presenting the dish.
3 sandwich recipes for children
1. Sushi-style tuna sandwich
Of course we must start with the classic tuna sandwich because it’s a favorite among children. Almost no children refuse to try it. But this time, the presentation will be very different, because children eat this sandwich with chopsticks.
- Cream cheese
- 7 ounces of tuna
- 1 small avocado
- 1 small pepper
- Rye sandwich bread
- Remove the crust from the bread and, with a rolling pin, flatten them as much as possible. Then, spread a thick layer of cream cheese evenly on each slice of bread. Next, add the tuna, a small cube of avocado and an even smaller piece of pepper.
- Then roll it up and push it with your hands so that it’s firm and compact, like a sushi roll. Later, use a knife to cut the portions into small sizes so that your child can easily chew it.
2. Piano-shaped fruit sandwich
- Sandwich bread
- Chocolate syrup
- Nuts to taste
- Peanut butter
- Remove the crust from the bread, but save it because it’ll be used later for decoration. Then fill the sandwich by first placing a layer of peanut butter, then sliced fruits, raisins, nuts and finally the chocolate syrup.
- Then you have to chop the prepared sandwich in seven sections about 2 centimeters long. Keep each piece side by side. On the seven pieces (which refer to the seven keys on a piano), put the pieces of crust that you reserved, which you’ll stick on using the chocolate syrup underneath.
This is an excellent choice for sweet and healthy snacks.
3. Egg sandwich with a funny face
- Salt to taste
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 slice of cheese
- 1 slice of ham
- 1 slice of cucumber, halved
- Melted butter
- 1 black pitted olive, halved
- Take the two slices of bread and butter both sides. Put them in a pan or roast them in the oven. When the bread is firm, remove it from the oven and set it aside.
- In a different pan, fry an egg and add salt. When you’re ready, you can make the sandwich. On top of one of the slices, place the cheese, ham and egg.
- To decorate it, you must take the remaining slice of bread and cut a circle right in the center, where the nose would be, and let the egg yolk peek through like a clown’s nose.
- For the eyes, use the halved olive. For the mouth, use a red strip of paprika, and for the ears, use the halved cucumber slice.
You can see that these three sandwich recipes for children are delicious and fun. Go ahead and prepare them and share a delicious, beautiful and fun meal with your child.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Jeromson S., Gallagher IJ., Galloway SDR., Hamilton DL., Omega 3 fatty acids and skeletal muscle health. Mar Drugs, 2015. 13 (11): 6977-7004.
- Aune D., Giovannucci E., Boffetta P., Fadness LT., et al., Fruit and vegetable intake and the risk of cardiovascular disease, total cancer and all cause mortality- a systematic review and dose response meta analysis of prospective studies. Int J Epidemiol, 2017. 46 (3): 1029-1056.