Thermomix Recipes for Children
Thermomix recipes let you experiment with lots of different healthy ingredients. This way, you can make complete meals quickly and easily.
Thermomix functions and benefits in the kitchen
The thermomix marked a technological revolution in the kitchen. This multiprocessor robot was created in the 80’s. Recipes made with a thermomix help you satisfy your child’s cravings in a practical way.
What does the thermomix do?
- Chop. It can cut up any kind of food, both hard and soft.
- Shred. You can make purées and creams with different textures.
- Grind and pulverize. With this function, you can make seasonings or flours. People with gluten allergies use it to make special flours.
- Turbo. This function is used for very hard ingredients, such as ice, cured cheese or nuts.
- Dough. If you make dough in the thermomix, it’ll come out perfect. It mixes the ingredients gently and kneads them almost professionally.
- Beat. The thermomix can replace your blender. It’s especially useful for cocktails and soups.
- Emulsify. It perfectly combines ingredients that are usually difficult to mix, like oil and vinegar. It’s great to prepare vinaigrettes, sauces and dressings, as well as ice cream.
All of these functions make the thermomix one of the most practical cooking tools. It’s a good idea to always have it within reach.
Recipes with the thermomix for children
When thinking about what to cook for children, the possibilities are endless with this tool. Its multiple functions eliminate the problem of how to make certain dishes where you need to process the ingredients.
Although you can make basically anything with the thermomix, here are some practical examples:
In the thermomix, place:
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, 3 or 4 tablespoons of milk, 1 egg and parsley. Beat for 15 seconds.
- Then, add one pound of ground meat, sprinkle salt, and continue whisking until everything is mixed.
- Shape the meatballs and coat them in flour.
- Fry them in hot oil.
You can serve them alone or with tomato sauce. Do whichever your children prefer.
A recipe that both adults and children love is pizza. You can make a perfect homemade dough without dirtying more than one container and without having to knead.
To prepare it:
- Place a little warm water, a pinch of sugar and two tablespoons of oil in the glass. Blend.
- Add 1 tablespoon of yeast and mix for 4 seconds at low speed.
- Add 4 cups of flour and however much salt you need. Process at low speed.
- Then, when the dough is ready, let it rise until it grows twice its size.
- Knead with the thermomix for 2 minutes.
- Now, the dough is ready to stretch and bake. Once stretched, you can spread the traditional tomato sauce and toppings. Children usually like olives and hard-boiled eggs.
- Then, add mozzarella and put it in the oven until it’s golden brown.
- Beat 3 eggs with 1 cup of sugar.
- Add 1 cup of milk, 3 1/4 cups of flour and 2 teaspoons of baking powder. Mix them well.
- Prepare the muffin tins and fill them 3/4 full with the batter.
- Add 2 cups of water to the thermomix glass. Heat it to varoma temperature.
- Place the muffin tins in the varoma container and place it on the thermomix. The water should boil for 10 or 15 minutes. Finally, they’ll be ready to eat!
Cream of chicken and peach
Healthy and nutritious, this cream is very popular with children. You can serve it warm or cold. Since it’s easy to prepare and eat, it’s a great recipe for children.
- Boil 2 chicken breasts.
- Cook 1/4 cup of rice.
- Place the breasts, rice, the peeled and cut peach, a spoonful of milk and salt in the thermomix glass.
- Program the machine to 215ºF for 7 seconds at speed 6 and it’ll be ready.
Making recipes with the thermomix is like having a little kitchen helper at home. Any family recipe can be prepared with this little robot, especially kids’ meals.