21 Motivational Quotes for Teenagers
We know that the adolescent stage is the most difficult stage of life. That's why we're going to bring you 21 motivational quotes for teenagers as an inspiration for you to achieve your goals.
Certain situations cause discomfort, stress and, in some cases, even anxiety in young people. One example of this is how much they suffer before, during and after an exam. They think it’s the end of the world if they don’t do well on it, without taking into account that there are more important things in life. That’s why we’re going to look at these 21 motivational quotes for teenagers.
We trust that they will, in some way, help to strengthen them, and give them the desire to strive towards obtaining their goals.
When it comes to evaluating certain situations and events in our lives, we have to realize that studying is only one part of it. There are many other things which are just as important, if not more so – for example, health, family relationships, etc.
The moment you decide that these areas are also integral to your life, then that should help lift some of the burden off your schoolwork, and help you to relax and improve in your studies.
How can motivational quotes for teenagers help?
People say that motivation is what makes the world go round, but teenagers sometimes find that hard to believe. However, some good motivational quotes for teenagers can help a lot.
Motivation can be defined as something that helps someone internally and externally. It determines how people act, and how they develop their tastes, hobbies, and objectives.
We know from experience that there are several types of motivation. However, the aim is always the same – to help people to achieve positive results in all the activities they take part in.
This is what we have to achieve with teenagers, in order to motivate them and get them excited about achieving their goals. However, we mustn’t force them. The more you force them to do things, the less likely they are to do them.
Throughout our lives, we’re sure to meet professional people from all walks of life – writers, philosophers, actors, to name but three. All of them have had difficulties in their lives, and yet, in spite of all these problems, and thanks to the efforts they’ve made, they’ve been able to overcome obstacles and achieve their goals.
They’re the ones who have written the motivational quotes for teenagers that we’ll list below.
How to motivate teenagers
Always make them think that what they do is what works best. If they’re studying, then encourage them to work hard to get the best grades. Try to get them to enjoy studying and not to feel stressed out when they have exams. Remind them that it’s not the only important thing in life.
Here’s some advice you can pass on to them:
- Try to enjoy what you’re studying and to find something of interest in it
- Focus on your studies and enjoy doing them. Don’t think of it as such a big deal, relax and take a break from studying every hour. If you like, you can put some relaxing music on, like classical music, for example.
- Try to find the practical aspects of what you’re studying.
- Believe that you’re ready and prepared for each exam – that is half the battle. Always think big, and congratulate yourself when you reach a goal. Do this whenever you can, otherwise you’ll have no incentive to do it, and little motivation as a student.
- Get away from your studies to play something every so often – every one, two, or three hours for example.
- You need to be totally relaxed before an exam. Assign time to playing – whatever sport or pastime you like. You’ll be more centered this way and you’ll only have to go over the outlines of the topic for your exam.
- Believe in yourself; let all your study efforts give you a sense of calm. If you neglect what you’ve studied, then you may have to start all over again. However, you’ll probably have another opportunity afterward.
- Remember that exams aren’t the most important thing in life. But if you work hard, the results you achieve will make you stand out.
- If you have to memorize things, associate them with mnemonic rules (something easy to remember) using your imagination. It’s simple and fun.
Motivational quotes for teenagers
So, here are the 12 motivational quotes for teenagers or pre-teens, penned by famous people and brilliant minds from human history, some recent, some not so recent.
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi.
- “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It’s best to admit them quickly and get on with improving your other innovations” – Steve Jobs.
- “Don’t give up, don’t lose hope, don’t sell out” – Christopher Reeve.
- “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” – Tony Robbins.
- “The difference between the possible and the impossible lies in a person’s determination.” – Tommy Lasorda.
- “It’s always early to quit.” – Norman Vincent Peale.
- “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up; the most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas A. Edison.
- “A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds.” – Mark Twain.
- “Failure is success if we learn from it.” – Malcolm Forbes.
- “The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.” – Walter Bagehot.
- “Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not having tried is the true failure.” – George Edward Woodberry.
- “The road to success is always under construction.” – Lily Tomlin.
- “Space is an inspirational concept that allows you to dream big.” – Peter Diamandis.
Set your goals high
- “Set your goals high, and don’t stop till you get there.” – Bo Jackson.
- “The real secret to success is enthusiasm.” – Walter Chrysler.
- “Man needs his difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy success.” – A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
- “Pleasure and action make the hours seem short.” – William Shakespeare.
- “Life isn’t about finding yourself; life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw.
- “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” – John D. Rockefeller.
- “Things are not said, they are done. Because in doing them, they speak for themselves.” – Woody Allen.
- “Fight for your dreams or others will impose theirs on you.” – Paulho Coelho.
We invite teenagers everywhere to read these motivational phrases and to take advantage of all the opportunities that life offers them. I hope you become conscious of all these things and, if at any time you’re distressed or unmotivated for anything to do with your goals, then don’t give up. Always keep going, never give up.