Babies: The Netflix Docuseries You Can't Miss!
What’s the first year of a baby’s life like? What stages of development do babies go through? What are the most important milestones that occur in those first twelve months? The Netflix docuseries Babies aims to answer all of these questions and many more. Sounds interesting, doesn’t it? Let’s take a closer look!
As a mom, dad, or simply as a person who wants to know more about the subject of childhood, you can’t miss this wonderful docuseries where babies and their families take center stage.
“Each baby is a unique miracle that’s impossible to repeat.”
Babies: the Netflix docuseries you can’t miss
During the first year of life, babies grow and develop at an astonishing, yet gradual pace. As the months go by, they learn and acquire new skills and, when we least expect it, we’re seeing them walk and talk.
This is precisely what Babies is about, the Netflix docuseries that’s become a hit. That’s because, from a scientific and current point of view, this documentary analyzes the most important aspects in the evolutionary development of babies during the first twelve months of life.
What topics are covered in the docuseries?
This documentary series introduces us to several babies from different countries around the world and their families. Then, throughout six chapters, they show us how the evolution of these little ones is in regard to the following topics:
- Love. The first episode of Babies talks about the biology of the affective bond created between children and their parents. Several scientists reveal how the type of upbringing, the interaction with babies, or the simple act of having had a child changes parents physically and mentally. They also describe the changes that occur in newborns.
- First foods: What nutrients do babies need for proper development? How does breast milk affect babies? The answers to these questions can be found in the second episode of the docuseries, which focuses on the importance of the type of feeding in the first months of a baby’s life.
- Learning to crawl. In Babies, you’ll also learn about the psychomotor development of little ones, from crawling to their first steps. In this episode, three researchers show us that crawling is much more than a transition period.
- First words. The series also shows us how babies decode the sounds they hear in their environment to develop speech and language.
- Sleep. This is one of the topics that most concerns and interests mothers and fathers of newborns. In this fifth episode, they describe, through various studies, what happens while the little ones sleep.
- First steps. The final episode deals with how babies learn to walk. Several researchers reveal what role neonatal reflexes and skeletal development play in a child’s first steps.
“A baby makes love stronger, the days shorter, the nights longer, your savings smaller, and your house happier.”
About the Babies docuseries
The birth of a baby brings joy to everyone in the family. But it also allows mothers and fathers to be eyewitnesses of the progress of their young child. This can be amazing and exciting.
Thanks to the Netflix Babies docuseries, you can better understand each of the milestones in your little one’s development. What are you waiting for to watch it? Become a real baby expert!