Trendy Names for Girls
There are certain trendy names for girls that are becoming more and more popular around the world.
With globalization, the international media and communication, little by little these names are invading the daily lives of cultures everywhere.
However, despite the fact that these trendy names are increasingly visible, this isn’t necessarily a recent trend.
Certain girl’s names have been popular across the globe for centuries.
Some of the names have suffered variations and adaptations to other languages, but their essence has been maintained.
Leaving aside particular tastes, it’s a fact that these names will continue to flood every corner of the planet.
That’s why many parents want to enlist their children for the more globalized future that is approaching.
This includes opting for names that are recognizable and easy to pronounce anywhere the child might have a social or work life.
That’s why these names are so trendy nowadays.
Trendy names for girls
In this article we’ll give you a list of trendy names that are linked to pop culture.
“There are names that are so popular that they’ve been used to name our girls for centuries”
Girl’s names from pop culture
If you’d like to name your daughter after a celebrity, options are equally as abundant.
Generally, name trends tend to be linked to North American pop culture.
Names of characters from reality TV shows, movie stars, athletes and singers are found frequently on girls’ birth certificates.
There’s also another noteworthy phenomenon. Celebrities have started using common words as names for their children, and this trend is also being copied by the general population.
Some examples of this are:
- The daughters of the latest generation of the Kardashian clan are called North, Chicago, Dream and Stormi.
- Summer Rain
- The daughter of Gwyneth Paltrow: Apple.
The most common names from pop culture
Here’s a list of the most common trendy names related to North American pop culture, as well as the celebrity it’s associated with.
- Britney: In honor of the famous music star of the 90s, Britney Spears. This name has been used very frequently and is still common today.
- Angelina: This is one of the favorites in girls, after the beautiful actress Angelina Jolie.
- Kylie: Refers to the singer Kylie Minogue as well as the socialite and business-woman Kylie Jenner.
- Adele: a beautiful classic name honoring the famous British singer.
- Taylor: a traditional North American name made famous by the numerous Taylor Swift fans.
- Miley: Short for “smile”, this is the artistic name of Miley Cyrus.
- Jennifer: a very common name for movie, TV and music stars.
- Arya: Yes, names of characters in famous TV shows are also trending. In this case, after one of the protagonists of Game of Thrones.
- Millie: From Millie Bobby Brown, the famous Eleven from Stranger Things.
- Rey: After the protagonist of Star Wars.
- Stormi: Daughter of socialite Kylie Jenner. Everyone bet on this becoming a trending name considering that her mother has over 100 million followers on her social media and a great international influence.
After looking at these trendy names, you can decide for yourself which name you should give your daughter.
Let us know which one you’ve chosen; whether you opted for a classic name, after a celebrity, or if you’ve let your imagination fly when it comes to this beautiful decision.