Why Celebrate Your Baby's First Birthday?
When your baby turns one year old, we know that they still don’t understand the meaning of a birthday or that the party is for them. But we still want what’s best for our children, and to commemorate the anniversary of their coming into this world. That’s why celebrating your baby’s first birthday is so important!
It’s meaningful for the whole family, in general, to prepare a party to celebrate the first year of the youngest member of their home. It’s a way to express how happy they feel with their child and how wonderful it is to celebrate their birth.
Other moms, on the contrary, think that their baby’s too young and won’t enjoy their day. Therefore, they prefer to wait until they’re at an age when they’re more mature and can enjoy the celebration of their birthday.
We, the parents, are the ones who decide what to do with that moment. But what we can’t do is let the day go by without at least preparing or buying a cake to make a mini-celebration of their first birthday, because they’re very important and just their existence is a reason to celebrate! Now, maybe you’re undecided whether or not to celebrate your baby’s first birthday. For that reason, take into consideration the pros and cons of doing so.
Some reasons that will motivate you to celebrate the first year
These reasons are the ones that will make you think about celebrating your baby’s first birthday…
- It’s been a year since the first day you saw your baby, so celebrate it! What could be a better reason than that? It should be a great party where you can celebrate happiness and family togetherness.
- If your baby hasn’t attended their first party, the ideal moment could be their own birthday. No doubt, they’ll enjoy it in their own way. Surely, what will catch their attention the most is the number of children they can play or interact with.
- Certainly, your baby is still very young, but this memory of their first birthday will be a pleasant moment for them. When they grow up, they’ll thank you for it.
Make sure their party has activities that they can enjoy, and above all, that they’ve liked the most during this first year. The celebration of their birthday doesn’t have to be an ordinary party–you can choose to take them on a trip to the beach, the pool, or the mountains. The idea is for your baby to feel that this day is extra special.
If your decision isn’t to celebrate your baby’s first birthday with a special party, don’t forget the following…
Don’t forget the following…
- Give your baby some cake and allow them to feel different emotions. “They’ll know how to thank you”. Even if you think they’re too small to understand what the day’s about, they deserve something different.
- Invite your closest relatives and those people who spend time with them on a frequent basis to be part of this intimate moment. You don’t have to put on a big party to make the day special.
Recommendations if you decide to celebrate your baby’s first birthday
Here are some ideas, depending on what you want to do.
- If you decide to celebrate in the privacy of your home, decorate a beautiful table with bright colors. Don’t forget a big cake with the number 1 (you can put it on the candle).
- Invite very personal friends.
- Thinking of a party? Make sure the party’s always centered on your baby’s personality. On what they like the most and what catches their attention. Integrate something that will make them happy, for example, clowns, magicians, dancers, cartoon characters, etc.
- Will you be traveling with them? Take them to a place where they’ll be able to enjoy themself, and don’t forget their cake and photos. Show them that they’re the reason for happiness for everyone who will be with them that day.
There are millions of ways to celebrate your baby’s first birthday, the options are endless. What’s really important is that you never let this day go by without making them feel happy and content. We parents know how to give all that to our children.
So, don’t put the decision off any longer. Are you about to celebrate your baby’s first birthday? Decide that you want and live it to the fullest with your little one and never forget that each stage brings with it unique and unrepeatable moments.It might interest you...