Fundacion Juegaterapia: Its Amazing Work
Have you ever heard of the Fundacion Juegaterapia? It’s a Spanish non-profit organization–Play Therapy Foundation–that aims to help hospitalized children get through a difficult stage in the best possible way. How do they achieve this? By encouraging play and entertainment in hospitals!
Let’s not forget that these little patients are still children who deserve to have a happy childhood, full of fun and play. Well, this is exactly what Fundacion Juegaterapia looks to achieve. Do you want to know more about this wonderful initiative? Find out about all the projects they have underway!
Fundacion Juegaterapia: its great work with hospitalized children
Fundacion Juegaterapia was born in 2010 with the purpose of collecting video consoles and video games so that sick children in different hospitals can enjoy using them.
The great benefits that this brought to the little ones were quickly observed because, for a moment, the kids forgot about the disease they were suffering from and the treatment they had to undergo, and focused only on playing whatever they liked.
Little by little, the organization’s grown and acquired relevance at a national and international level. As a result, there are more and more projects that develop, which are, at the same time, increasingly varied. And the goal of all their projects is to make the lives of hospitalized children a little happier and easier.
Currently, the Fundacion Juegaterapia is in charge of:
- Filling hospitals with consoles and games so that children have resources with which to have fun.
- Raising money through the sale of BabyPelones, small vanilla-scented dolls, characterized by the original scarves they wear on their heads. This normalizes the appearance of children suffering from cancer.
- Building children’s gardens on the roofs of hospitals, where the little ones can go out and enjoy the fresh air.
- Transforming out-of-use hospital rooms into movie theaters for children.
- Converting some hospital rooms into “moon stations”, i.e. rooms decorated with motifs related to the universe, where children can spend isolated periods of time without becoming overwhelmed or bored.
- Painting and decorating hospital corridors, so that they’re full of color and a touch of magic.
Improving children’s life in the hospital
Being admitted to a hospital is hard for any patient, but especially for children. Suddenly, hospitalized children’s opportunities for leisure and freedom are limited, which greatly affects their mood, and consequently, their overall development. But thanks to the great work of the Fundacion Juegaterapia, this is changing.
Hospitals shouldn’t be synonymous with boredom or sadness, but quite the opposite. Therefore, we need to create spaces where little ones feel comfortable and where they can socialize, play, entertain themselves, etc., just like any other person of the same age.
How to support Fundacion Juegaterapia?
Now that you know the great work that Fundacion Juegaterapia does, would you like to support them? If so, you can choose to:
- Buy BabyPelones, the solidarity dolls.
- Donate video consoles and video games.
- Make financial donations.
- Become a member of the Foundation.
- Become a volunteer and get directly involved with their work.
Through any of these simple gestures, you can do your part to make the children who spend long periods of time in the hospital a little happier.
Finally, we also invite you to visit their website and learn more about the fantastic work done by Fundacion Juegaterapia under the premise that playing cures!It might interest you...