13 Phrases that Promote Academic Motivation
Academic motivation is essential for students to learn and perform well academically. Therefore, in this article, we’ve compiled some phrases to encourage children to study.
It’s important that students develop their abilities in a caring and communicative atmosphere. In this sense, it’s essential that they receive feedback from their families and teachers.
Promoting academic motivation in children in the school environment
Academic motivation is what drives children to:
- Do homework
So, we can say that motivation serves to enhance the activation of cognitive resources needed to successfully overcome the different educational stages.
What’s more, it’s worth noting that students have the capacity for intrinsic motivation, finding in themselves the interest and satisfaction in studying. But, to reach this point, it’s important that there be some extrinsic motivation from their surrounding environment first. In other words, students need to feel that their reference figures value them and believe in them.
Therefore, families and teachers have a duty to help children develop academic motivation in order for them to:
- Form a positive academic self-concept
- Achieve personal well-being
- Increase their capacity for effort
- Increase their self-confidence
Thus, we manage to educate dedicated and ambitious children, with the desire to learn and with interest in the different school subjects. Consequently, they can acquire more knowledge and reach a higher intellectual level, avoiding stress, frustration, or anxiety that can be produced by studying and trying to obtain good results.
In short, it’s important to ensure that students enjoy studying and perceive the whole process as a great opportunity for learning and personal growth.
13 phrases for school motivation
A simple sentence formulated at the right time can be very useful for children’s academic motivation. Here are some famous phrases that are perfect for that purpose:
- “Without failure there is no achievement.” – John Maxwell
- “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D. Larson
- “Never consider study as an obligation, but as an opportunity to penetrate the beautiful and wonderful world of knowledge.” – Albert Einstein
- “There is a driving force more powerful than steam, electricity and atomic energy: The will.” – Albert Einstein
- “If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.” – Nora Roberts
- “Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their capabilities. They vary in their desire to reach their potential.” – John Maxwell
- “For every disciplined effort there is a multiple reward.” – Jim Rohn
- “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
- “Ninety percent of success in life is just showing up.” – Woody Allen
- “You can’t climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets.” – Mark Caine
- “If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.“ – Jim Rohn
- “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas A. Edison
- “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure.” – Colin Powell
You can say these phrases aloud as you see fit, or write them on posters to decorate your classroom or your child’s own bedroom.It might interest you...