13 Quotes About the Value of Friendship
Children should learn to make friends from an early age. This is vital in order to achieve a healthy mental and social development. Through such affective bonds, children acquire and practice values such as trust, respect, empathy, comfort and love. For this reason, we"ve prepared the following article in which we"ll bring you some famous quotes about the value of friendship.
It"s obvious that friendship is one of life"s greatest treasures. Therefore, from within the family and at school, we need to provide opportunities for children to make friends. In this way, they"ll grow up as happy individuals, developing a positive self-esteem, feeling secure, and receiving the support and trust of their peers.
The value of friendship in childhood
Friendship means establishing close, loving relationships with other people, without the need for them to belong to the family nucleus. Thus, the creation of these friendships implies:
- Being empathetic
- Being pleasant
- Encouraging, listening and understanding the other person"s situation
- Being kind and respectful
- Being faithful and loyal
- Sharing different activities, ideas or tastes
- Creating happy memories together
“Friends are the family you choose."
– Jess C. Scott –
In addition, as the author María Teresa Pacheco García points out, in every friendship there has to be:
- Trust and sincerity
- Interest and concern for the friend
- Reciprocity and mutual support, both in good times and bad
For all these reasons, it"s vital that you help your children to relate to their peers and to create strong bonds of friendship with them, because only in this way will they be able to experience the beautiful emotions they feel when they have a true friend.
This will allow them to have an active social life and establish healthy and balanced interpersonal relationships over the years.
13 quotes on the value of friendship
Following on from our comments above, here are some quotes to continue reflecting on the value of friendship:
- “Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity." –Khalil Gibran
- “A friend might be recognized as the great work of nature." – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Friendship can only take place through the development of mutual respect and within a spirit of sincerity." – Dalai Lama
- “Friendship is not something you learn in school. But if you haven"t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven"t learned anything." –Muhammad Ali
- “There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up." – John Holmes
More quotes on the value of friendship
- “A good friend is a connection to life, a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world." – Lois Wyse
- “The sincere friends of this world are like ship lights in the stormiest of nights." – Giotto di Bondone
- “A friend is one of the nicest things you can have and one of the best things you can be." – Douglas Pagels
- “One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood." – Seneca
- “The real test of friendship is whether you can spend time doing literally nothing with the other person. Can you enjoy those moments of life that are so simple?" – Eugene Kennedy
- “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart." – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “There is a magnet in your heart that will attract true friends. That magnet is unselfishness, thinking of others first and learning to live with others." – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity, before it is entitled to the appellation." – George Washington