Fathers Deserve More Recognition From Society
Fortunately, we live in a society where men and fathers are realizing that they also play a very important role in their families. And we don’t just mean having authority or making money, as women do that too. We’re talking about fathers who participate equally in raising their children. Fathers deserve more social recognition and support, especially those who do all they should in their role as a parent.
No new parent has it easy when their baby is born. That’s why it’s important to have family and emotional support to be able to face the most difficult days. When women talk about their experiences of motherhood, they understand each other and know how complicated it is. However, when men are asked, many think that those who are 100 percent involved in raising children and taking care of the home are the minority.
Fathers deserve more support and recognition
Women have support groups and understand each other. Men, on the other hand, don’t usually have support groups. What’s more, they don’t often talk about how bad their nights are or how tired they are from working, getting little sleep, and spending time with their wives, partners, and mothers of their children. They can be the best parents in the world, amazing parents, great professionals, etc. But they often get very little support and recognition as parents.
Now more than ever, finally, we’re surrounded by long-overdue empowerment platforms. But fathers, whose actions go unnoticed or are viewed as less important, need to be given more importance. Their role, no matter how small, no matter how tedious or repetitive it may seem some days, is important. Fathers deserve recognition.
Thanks to all those fathers who are involved in parenting
That’s why fathers should also get the social recognition they deserve, and to do that, society as a whole must begin to appreciate these father figures who are also tired, and who put their children and family before anything else. For that, we want to thank fathers for:
- Spending so many hours awake at night disinfecting bottles and making a drink for the mother of his children who has to stay up in the small hours of the morning to breastfeed.
- Doing housework and being aware that it’s just as much your responsibility as it is your partner’s.
- Making lunch, dinner, and taking the children to school or the doctor before rushing off to work.
- Coming home with a smile on your face, even if you’ve had a long, hard day at work.
- Knowing that your wife, or partner, and mother of your children also needs time, so you take turns with daily responsibilities so that she too can unwind whenever she needs it.
- Taking care of and educating your children as the delicate and wonderful beings they are, without ever losing respect for them.
- Tending to the needs of your wife, or your partner, and mother of your children when she breastfeeds and wants a glass of water and you bring it to her with a smile on your face as many times as necessary.
- Accompanying your wife, or partner, and your children to the doctor.
- For the unconditional love you feel for your family and how every day you take care of them and protect them because they’re the most important thing for you. Today and always.
All fathers deserve social recognition
Because these fathers see their wives or partners with all their flaws but consider them to be perfect just the same. Because they give them the tenderness and emotional support they need for as long as it’s necessary. They’re fathers committed to supporting their family above all else. Despite the little recognition they may have, no one will take away their smile or their desire to do things right. By and for their family.
While not all fathers deserve accolades and many mothers take on the role of mother and father, the image of fatherhood is changing for the better. In a world that’s giving mothers a voice and recognition, along with long-overdue support, let’s not forget to empower fathers as well.
The emotions and experiences may be different, but the importance is the same and children will be better for it. That’s why fathers and mothers must walk at the same pace, holding hands, and looking out for their family.It might interest you...