Benefits of Urban Summer Camps for Your Children
Urban summer camps are an excellent option for vacations when the family isn’t going to travel to another environment.
Some are focused on the field of sports, others focus on language learning, theater, or music. Certainly, there are many options and this is very positive. The differences in the themes have made it easier for parents to decide when registering their children.
Therefore, regardless of the theme, make sure your children feel comfortable as much as possible. Otherwise, they won’t be able to get as much out of it as you want. So, would you like to learn more about them? Discover here the wonderful benefits of urban summer camps.
Discover urban summer camps
These camps are the option that more and more parents are seeking who want to give their children a fun program during the holiday period, without having to abandon their work routine.
What makes urban summer camps different?
In general, urban summer camps, which often last half a day, provide the same experiences as traditional camps.
Also, as the name implies, these camps are held within the city or its surroundings. In such a way that, in these cases, children return home after having dedicated a large part of the day to activities that will positively influence their development.
6 benefits of urban summer camps
Summer camps not only provide a great experience and fun for children but also provide many benefits:
- Your children will be free from homework, but without neglecting their learning, as these camps have a wide variety of activities for little ones to learn.
- They favor the development of social skills. In general, the children who your children meet at camp won’t coincide with their friends at school, so they may be surrounded by all new children (even of different ages).
- They can also bond with adults and make new friends, which in turn promotes tolerance.
- They learn the importance of cultivating and strengthening values. The need to share, work as a team, the value of responsibility, empathy, healthy coexistence, autonomy, and self-esteem, among others, are highlighted.
- Camps encourage communication skills. Not only will children enrich their vocabulary, camp will also make it easier for them to communicate with their old and new friends.
- In the same way, it will favor communication between parents and children, as little ones will come home with the excitement of recounting all their experiences.
- They facilitate the child’s progress. In these camps, the importance of rules, order, limits, and adapting to a schedule is reinforced. All this will have a positive impact on the psychological and emotional development of the child.
Other benefits of urban summer camps
In addition to those already mentioned, they also provide the following advantages to the family:
- They allow the family to save some money. Yes, despite having all the advantages of a conventional camp, urban summer camps, in general, are cheaper, because the costs are lower.
- Your children will get to know new places. Although they take place in the same city, they usually include a schedule full of tours to different places, which may be unknown to your kids.
- They stimulate physical development. Most of them include sports activities such as scavenger hunts, cycling, soccer, skating, hiking, and outings to the pool.
- Urban summer camps promote the feeling of self-efficacy in children. Because they’ll be exposed to another environment and new situations, in these activities, they’ll have to learn to solve problems on their own. This, in turn, will help them not to give up on difficulties and increase their self-confidence.
Learning is of the utmost importance for life. The experiences, environments, and friendships, in short, everything that surrounds them condition their personality. Try to take advantage of each day of the development stage of your children so that they can live very enriching experiences.
Urban camps for the summer season allow parents to balance their work activities with those of children. Why don’t you find out about the options in your city? Urban camps are an excellent choice.It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Armendáriz, I. L. (2007). Campamentos de verano para niños y jóvenes. Diabéticos: Presente y futuro, (67), 14-17. https://dialnet.unirioja.es/servlet/articulo?codigo=2330919
- Santamaría, A. M., & Santamaría, J. L. M. (2006). El campamento como medio educativo. Revista de Estudios de Juventud, (72), 25-36. https://dialnet.unirioja.es/servlet/articulo?codigo=1985299