How to Organize the Perfect Baby Shower
While you’re waiting for your sweet baby to be born, everything revolves around them. Having a party to receive them is a tradition for future mothers. In this post, we’ll tell you how to organize the perfect baby shower.
Remember that this should be a happy and enjoyable party. It should not be a nightmare or a headache for you, especially if your due date is soon.
To have the perfect baby shower, the only things you need are organization and creativity. So pick a date and make it happen!
Perfect baby shower without killing yourself
- Making a guest list is essential. Figure out the number of people and how much it will cost. The idea is to adapt the celebration based on your budget.
- Choose the appropriate place based on the number of guests. Your apartment, living room or yard could be perfect.
- Choose the baby shower theme. Obviously, the theme is the baby’s arrival. The baby’s sex will define the colors and style. But there are many other options to decide on a theme: baby animals, clothes, rainbows, unicorns, vintage style…. the possibilities are endless.
- Send the invitations at least two months in advance. There are many forms of invitations: traditional, digital invitations sent via email, or even videos. Choose one that is best suited for your style and guests.
- Decide if you’ll have a gift list or the guests can choose. If you’ve already bought everything your baby will need, perhaps it would be a good idea to include a note in the invitation requesting baby wipes, diapers, and personal care products. These items will always be useful.
- Party favors. If it is an option for you, choose party favors. Mini jewelry boxes, small picture frames and even chocolates with a small card with your baby’s name could be a special party favor.
Baby Shower Food
- Evaluate the food theme. The most convenient food items are salty and sweet snacks.
- Make the dessert table the center of attention. Choose a beautiful cake and some sweets. A candy bar themed cake is a great option that you could even make yourself.
Ask for help from your grandparents, aunts and uncles, and godparents. Anyone that can help organize the baby shower will be a big help.
Don’t stress. Enjoy the process of organizing your baby shower. The idea is for you to have fun!
Games for your baby shower
Games are another important part of your baby shower. Buy some simple and fun prizes for your guests for these games.
- Guess my belly size. This is one of the most fun baby shower games. Guests have to guess the diameter of your belly. Participants are given a roll of ribbon to cut to estimate the size. The person with the closest ribbon wins the game.
- What are you eating? This is a partner activity. Prepare or buy at least four different pureed baby foods. The woman will let her partner try them, with a blindfold. He will have to guess what each one is made of.
- Feed the baby. This is also a partner game. Give a bottle full of soda or beer to each person. The woman will play the role of mother and will give the bottle to her “baby.” Whoever finishes first wins.
- Don’t cross your legs! Upon arrival, each guest will be given a necklace. If you find someone sitting with their legs crossed during the party, you can take their necklace. Whoever has the most necklaces wins!
With these tips, you can have an unforgettable baby shower that will be impossible not to enjoy.