Regain Confidence in Your Body After Delivery
Having a baby is the most beautiful and wonderful experience in life, but it also has its complicated side. One of the issues that may concern you the most as a new mom is your physical appearance. Perhaps you’re wondering how to regain confidence in your body after delivery.
Although you’re aware of the importance of these changes in your anatomy, sometimes they may make you feel unattractive, and this can affect your self-esteem.
Besides caring for our children, mothers mustn’t forget that we matter, too, and we need to take care of our health , both inside and out. Doing so will allow you to gain confidence in yourself and in your body, which has just given you the most important thing in your life: A child. Today, we want to help you take care of yourself so that you can regain confidence in your body after delivery.
Accept your belly and your body after childbirth
After childbirth, your mind undergoes an absolute transformation, which makes you grow as a person. But simultaneously, your body also changes. And it can be impossible to perceive this phenomenon in a somewhat negative way. But it’s part of the process of being a mother.
It’s clear that the social pressure that stalks moms plays an important role in the beauty ideals that we pursue. This causes us not to accept our belly or our new body after giving delivery.
Every day, we receive news of celebrities who’ve been mothers and who’ve recovered their slender figures in a few days. As if by magic! This plants the idea that women must recover their pre-pregnancy figures no matter what. And it sends the message that our new bodies are somehow in need of correction.
The big question that arises is: How can you not accept a body that’s just created a new life? Thanks to your body, you have the privilege of enjoying the greatest treasure that you could imagine.
Our own insecurities and external factors influence the way we view our bodies as mothers. But even if it’s hard, we must try to love and respect them, as much as we did before pregnancy, or even more!
Feel better about your body after delivery
There are women who, after giving birth, feel great about themselves and see everything in a positive way. They even have an easy time getting back into shape .
But there are also other mothers who find it a bit more difficult to see life this way. In fact, a large percentage of postpartum women are ashamed to undress in front of their partners.
There are many ways to try to feel better about your body and, to do this, you can start by taking care of yourself. And this will probably mean having to ask for help with the baby, which isn’t a bad thing at all!
The important thing is to make a little effort each day, be it a time to exercise, put on a little makeup, or do whatever makes you feel good.
Take care of yourself!
As we’ve said before, you need to take care of yourself, both inside and out. Your mental and physical health are important to your well-being and that of your family. So we must give it the importance it deserves. Here are some ideas:
Pamper your skin
- Sleep whenever you can, especially when the baby’s also sleeping.
- Drink lots of water to stay well hydrated.
- Use a tanning cream to hide stretch marks and give a nice color to your skin.
- Remove make-up and take care of your skin with lotions and creams.
Take care of your hair
- If you have long hair and it bothers you, tie it up with a nice accessory.
- Take advantage of the evening to wash your hair when your baby is resting.
- If you have oily hair, use anti-grease shampoo to remedy it. And if your hair’s dry, hydrate it with a good mask or even olive oil.
- Don’t subject yourself to extreme diets in order to lose weight. Remember that you need to be well-nourished to care for and feed your baby.
- Maintain exclusive breastfeeding, if possible. This is a good way to burn calories.
- Eat a healthy diet, in which vegetables and fruits abound. This provides a lot of energy and makes the skin glow.
- Avoid ultra-processed foods.
Exercise, even a little at a time
- Go for a walk with your baby at a brisk pace.
- Do pelvic floor exercises. You can take advantage of the time you’re breastfeeding for that.
- Don’t overdo it! This isn’t the time to set unattainable goals. Take advantage of 10 or 20 minutes that you have free to do squats, sit-ups, or some strength exercise.
- Remember that sex is also good exercise.
- Instead of taking a long time to do your makeup, use a tinted BB cream. This will help you hide tiredness and look better.
- Put white shadow on the inside of your eyelids to make them look more beautiful.
- Putting pink blush on your cheeks will give you a refreshed look, even if you’re tired.
- If you’re going out somewhere and you feel like putting on makeup, do it!
Remember that your body is the most tangible proof of love
It’s important to be aware that your body is the most real proof of love. Just as it had to change in order to create life, now it has to recover in order to return to its usual state.
It’s important to accept it as it is, as it’ll accompany you throughout your life and it’ll be what allows you to enjoy your family on a daily basis.
Your body reflects each of its battles. Allow each scar or stretch mark to remind you of who you are and, above all, the woman you’ve become. Extra pounds, stretch marks, and wrinkles aren’t defects, but traces of life and love.
You need to stop listening to the opinion of others or the beauty standards of society. The only opinion that should matter to you is your own and that of the people who love you. Coincidentally, for them, you’ll always look perfect.
It’s possible to regain confidence in your body after delivery
After reading these lines, you’re sure to understand that your body won’t be the same after delivery and you must accept this reality.
The most important point is that your stretch marks, the extra pounds, or the sagging of your skin don’t matter in the end. What matters is what your body has given you: A new life!
You may never love every inch of your body as you wish, or it may be hard for you to change what you don’t like. But you have to see it and understand it as the most perfect machine that exists. It’s what keeps you alive and allows you to enjoy the wonders of life.It might interest you...