9 Plants and Infusions that Boost Fertility
It's possible for men and women to increase their fertility with the help of certain plants. Today's article will reveal 9 plants and infusions that are most effective in boosting fertility.
Besides all of the medicinal benefits of plants and infusions, many of them also help naturally boost fertility.
Along with a healthy diet, frequent exercise and good quality sleep, herbs can boost our chances of conceiving. Certain botanical elements have an impact on our hormonal balance and increase our possibilities of becoming pregnant.
“A woman’s best reproductive years are in her 20s. Fertility gradually declines in the 30s, particularly after age 35. Each month that she tries, a healthy, fertile 30-year-old woman has a 20% chance of getting pregnant.
– American Society for Reproductive Medicine –
Some of the herbs that you’ll read about below are better for men or for women. Each one focuses on a different cause of infertility.
Therefore, once you identify the issue, you can choose what plant is most suitable for you. Take note of the properties of these botanical elements that can make you more fertile.
Plants and infusions to boost fertility in women
1. Rubus idaeus, commonly known as red raspberry, is a plant that can help to strengthen the muscles of the uterus. It also helps to considerably increase progesterone levels. The consequence of these two factors is the prevention of miscarriage and other complications related to pregnancy.
2. Trifolium pratense or red clover. This plant has abundant quantities of phytoestrogens that can help women with hormonal imbalances. It’s also good for women with an obstruction in their Fallopian tube or with irregular menstrual cycles that keep them from having precise control of their fertility.
3. Urtica dioica or common nettle. This plant is beneficial for the human body because it strengthens the uterine walls and the kidney. It naturally detoxifies the body and allows for the expulsion of harmful substances that make conception difficult. Place the plant in boiling water and allow it to sit overnight with a bit of honey.
4. Angelica sinensis or ginseng. This is one of the plants or infusions that is most used in Eastern medicine. It helps women to regulate their menstrual cycle and ovulation and strengthen the weakened muscles of the uterus. Women should suspend the ingestion of this herb as soon as their menstrual bleeding begins.
Plants and infusions for improving fertility in men
5. Turnera difusa or damiana. This plant is ideal for increasing sexual desire in men, although women can also take it. Its essential components help to recover sexual health and to correct premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction. Without a doubt, these two issues make the process of conception much more difficult.
6. Tribulus terrestris or bindii. This is a plant that strengthens the reproductive system of men. It improves the quality of sperm and the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Although men can take it in the form of a tea or infusion, bindii is also available in the form of capsules.
7. Schisandra chinensis or five-flavor berry. This is another one of the most commonly used herbs in Chinese medicine. Just like bindii, it increases sperm production. At the same time, it contributes to the health of testicles and kidneys. They can be eaten raw, dehydrated, cooked or as an infusion.
8. Pausinystalia yohimbe. This plant, more commonly known as yohimbe, is considered a natural aphrodisiac. One of the main benefits that it offers is the restoration of blood flow to the reproductive organs. Furthermore, men can use it to treat erectile dysfunction and to increase sexual desire.
Plants and infusions that boost fertility in both men and women
9. Licorice. This is a plant that allows for the detoxification and reparation of the cells of the liver and the entire endocrine system. It also has a positive effect on the immune system and helps to regulate hormone balance.
As if this weren’t enough, it’s good for balancing blood sugar levels, possesses anti-inflammatory properties, and improves the quality of the pelvic floor’s surface.
Keep in mind that these plants and teas don’t work the same in every body. If you present any adverse symptoms that concern you, talk with your doctor to rule out any allergic reaction.
Take advantage of all the benefits that these plants and infusions offer you, and embrace the possibility of increasing your fertility with medicinal plants.