Getting Pregnant With The Syntothermic Method
The syntothermic method determines which days are best if you want to get pregnant. Specifically, it"s a system for identifying days when you"re fertile to help you conceive. It uses a combination of temperature and cervical mucus.
Although the syntothermic method helps determine the ideal days to get pregnant, it can also be used as a contraceptive method to know which days you"re unlikely to become pregnant.
In fact, the syntothermic method is considered one of the most reliable natural family planning methods. This is due to the fact that observing these specific symptoms allows you to know very precisely where you are in the cycles of fertility and infertility.
As you know, during each menstrual cycle, ovulation occurs. Accordingly, if you know approximately when you"re ovulating, you can determine the fertile and infertile days of your cycle. With this knowledge, you can apply the syntothermic method to get pregnant.
Getting Pregnant With the Syntothermic Method
The syntothermic method is one of the most commonly used techniques for getting pregnant. It allows women to try to become pregnant on the days when it"s most likely, keeping in mind the menstrual cycle and the thermal curve.
This system consists of taking a few minutes a day to observe the female body and its transformations. The results of analyzing the cervical mucus and base temperature allow you to calculate where you"re in your cycle.
To use this method, record your body temperature and cervical mucus at the same time. Keep in mind that various external factors, such as alcohol or sleeping fewer than 5 hours, can make your body temperature erratic.
You can take the temperature orally, vaginally, or rectally. If you take it orally, the thermometer should be under your tongue and your mouth should be closed. If you take it vaginally or rectally, remember to wash the thermometer carefully after each use.
We recommend taking your temperature when you get up before doing any type of activity. Remember that it"s very important to take your temperature correctly because any variation can affect the resulting graph.
“Of all woman"s rights, the greatest is to be a mother."
Interpreting the Results
The results of the syntothermic method are very effective. Once you have the data, it"s time to interpret them. To analyze the results, follow these indicators:
- During a menstrual cycle, you may experience up to three variations in body temperature: from the first day of your cycle to ovulation, from ovulation up to a possible implantation, and from then to menstruation.
- During the first phase, your temperature remains constant.
- The day after ovulation, your temperature can go up between 0.2 and 0.5 tenths.
- Your temperature remains high throughout the luteal phase, the third phase of the menstrual cycle.
- If you"re pregnant, your temperature will change again, and will remain high.
- On the other hand, if you aren"t pregnant, your temperature will drop again during the days before menstruation.
After recording data throughout a full cycle, you"ll observe a point when your temperature starts to be elevated compared to the first few days of your cycle.
Advantages of the Syntothermic Method
Here are a few of the advantages of using the Syntothermic Method:
- Clearly increases the probability of becoming pregnant.
- Predicts the fertile days in each menstrual cycle.
- You"ll be able to detect any problems in your menstrual cycle.
- Identifies the first symptoms of pregnancy.
- A woman can use it to know when she"s entering menopause.
Finally, it"s important to clarify that the Syntothermic method is ideal for women who can"t use hormonal contraceptives.
However, keep in mind that if you wish to use it you"ll need the full support of your partner. If you"re dedicated, it can be a great opportunity to achieve the pregnancy you desire.