A Weekly Menu to Improve Fertility in Couples
Fertility is closely related to lifestyle habits, there’s no doubt about that. Regular physical exercise, a good night’s rest, and proper nutrition are key to conception. For this reason, we want to present you with a weekly to improve fertility in couples.
Despite implementing these modifications, you should bear in mind that there may be certain hormonal imbalances that are capable of affecting your ability to conceive. If after several months of trying, you don’t succeed, it’s best to visit a specialist. In this case, you may need to resort to certain pharmacological treatments to be successful.
What should you avoid in your weekly menu to improve fertility?
First of all, we want to talk to you about all those toxins or foods that you have to avoid in your diet if what you want is to improve your health and increase your fertility. In the same way, it’s essential that you restrict alcohol and tobacco, as they greatly interfere with conception.
At the same time, you should limit the consumption of trans fats and simple sugars, which are capable of promoting an increase in body weight. This is very negative when trying to have a child, according to research published in Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology.
It’s important to note that being overweight during pregnancy can be risky and increases the chances of developing gestational diabetes. In addition, it can cause alterations in fetal metabolism and condition the health of the baby during the first stages of life.
Important nutrients to improve fertility
In order to achieve conception, it’s important to ensure a series of nutrients in the couple’s diet. Among them, zinc, iron, vitamin C, folic acid, magnesium, vitamin D, vitamin E, selenium, and omega 3. All of these participate in important metabolic processes, linked to the regulation of hormones.
Therefore, if there’s a deficit in any of these nutrients, the difficulties in conceiving increase.
In addition to increasing the intake of foods rich in these elements, it’s important to pay attention to the mode of cooking. An improper preparation method can degrade the vitamins and minerals in foods. You should always choose to cook on the grill, in the oven, with steam, or in water.
It’s also key that the daily intake of fruits and vegetables be sufficient. That is, include between 3 and 5 servings of vegetables a day. Another element that must be present in your diet is fish, which must be one of the main sources of protein in the diet, especially bluefish.
Read more: Vitamin E and Fertility
Weekly menu to increase fertility
Now, we’ll provide you with an example of a weekly menu to improve fertility in couples. Get started today!
- Breakfast: Green tea and toast with guacamole and turkey
- Food: Grilled beef with beans and cooked potato
- Snack: 2 ounces of chocolate with a high percentage of cocoa
- Dinner: Scrambled eggs with mushrooms and peppers
- Breakfast: Red tea and toast with ham and tomato
- Food: Grilled salmon with cauliflower and rice
- Snack: A handful of nuts
- Dinner: Sauteed peas, mushrooms, and prawns
- Breakfast: An infusion of berries and yogurt with nuts and cinnamon
- Food: Grilled pork loin with sweet potato and spinach
- Snack: Rice pancake with peanut butter
- Dinner: Grilled eggs with salad
- Breakfast: Oatmeal
- Food: Grilled hake with cooked potato and peppers
- Snack: A strawberry smoothie
- Dinner: A French omelette stuffed with tuna.
- Breakfast: Green tea and toast with avocado and fresh cheese
- Food: Cod with sauce with potatoes
- Snack: Iberian ham
- Dinner: Chickpea stir fry with chicken and spinach
- Breakfast: Oatmeal pancakes with cream cheese
- Food: Chicken and vegetable fajitas
- Snack: A handful of nuts
- Dinner: Grilled blue whiting with peppers
- Breakfast: Fresh cheese whipped with oatmeal and walnuts
- Food: Homemade tuna pizza
- Snack: Chocolate with a high percentage of cocoa
- Dinner: Vegetable salad with tuna
Prepare a weekly menu to improve your fertility!
As you’ve seen, it’s possible to modify your diet and prepare a weekly menu to increase fertility in couples. Through an optimal supply of nutrients, the chances of conceiving a baby increase.
However, this may not be enough and you should consult your doctor if, after a while, you’re not successful. You may need to perform some hormonal or routine study of the internal environment.
Finally, remember that it’s essential to combine the right diet with other healthy lifestyle habits, such as avoiding alcohol and tobacco, practicing regular physical exercise, and reducing stress levels.It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Sansone, A., Di Dato, C., de Angelis, C., Menafra, D., Pozza, C., Pivonello, R., Isidori, A., & Gianfrilli, D. (2018). Smoke, alcohol and drug addiction and male fertility. Reproductive biology and endocrinology : RB&E, 16(1), 3. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12958-018-0320-7
- Silvestris, E., de Pergola, G., Rosania, R., & Loverro, G. (2018). Obesity as disruptor of the female fertility. Reproductive biology and endocrinology : RB&E, 16(1), 22. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12958-018-0336-z