7 Reasons for Using a Belly Band during Pregnancy
During pregnancy, we experience a number of uncomfortable symptoms, including pack pain. Using a belly band will help you reduce and even avoid this type of discomfort.
As a result, you’ll be more free to perform certain activities without any problems.
Using a belly band while you’re pregnant is truly a great, recommended option that poses no harm to your baby.
Are you hesitating to give one a try? Here we’ll name just a few benefits that will help convince you.
Benefits of using a belly band during pregnancy:
1. Relieves upper and lower back pain. Back pain is one of the most common discomforts during gestation. A belly band is a simple solution that will help you feel much better.
2. Provides stability to the spinal cord and improves back position. It’s often hard to maintain good posture when you’re dealing with a heavy pregnancy belly.
Using a belly band will improve your posture and keep your spinal column steady despite the changes your body is experiencing.
3. Reduces the pressure of your baby on your pelvic region. The pressure your growing baby produces on your pelvis is truly uncomfortable.
But thanks to a belly band, this pressure lessens considerably. A belly band will also lower the pressure on your pelvic bone.
4. Belly bands adapt to your growing belly and changing body. Sometimes we believe that using a belly band will be a problem for our pregnant bodies.
However, they adapt perfectly to the changing size and shape of our bellies.
5. The perfect support for your belly and back. Belly bands are just what the doctor ordered to help our bodies feel more comfortable and at ease.
6. Easy to put on and take off. When considering using a belly band, you’re probably wondering if they’re hard to put on and take off. We’ve got great news for you: Belly bands are very easy to use!
7. Belly bands adapt to all of your movements during pregnancy. No need to worry. Belly bands are non-restrictive and adapt just fine to each of your body’s movements.
Having a baby is undoubtedly the most beautiful act that two people can commit.
Recommendations for using a belly band during your pregnancy
Are you ready to start using a belly band? It’s important you have all the information you need beforehand. Here’s our list of recommendations:
1. The ideal moment to start using a belly band is between weeks 25 and 30 of your pregnancy. This is the period when most women begin to experience strong discomfort.
2. Make sure that you use a belly band that is right for your weight and size.
We stated above that belly bands adapt to your body’s constant changes. However, in order for that to be true, you need to choose a belly band that’s right for you.
3. The belly band should be elastic. When you purchase your belly band, make sure it’s made of elastic. Remember that your body will continue to change in the coming months.
You’ll also perform movements that require the band to be stretchy and flexible. A non-elastic band will only constrict your movements.
4. Your belly band shouldn’t be too tight. Remember that the idea behind a belly band isn’t to make you appear thinner.
Rather, its purpose is to provide support for the weight of your belly and relieve back pain. When you try it on, also make sure that you can sit and breathe deeply without difficulty.
5. Make sure your belly band doesn’t place excessive pressure on your abdomen. If there is too much pressure on your abdomen, this could produce circulatory problems, nausea, dizziness and, in extreme cases, fainting.
6. The belly band should be easy to put on and take off. Certain tasks are harder to perform when you’re pregnant. Putting on and taking off a belly band shouldn’t be one of them.
While most bands are easy to use, there are some more complicated options on the market. Keep things simple!
Using a belly band after your pregnancy
Belly bands aren’t just for using while you’re pregnant. Continued use after the birth of your baby also has its benefits:
1. After pregnancy, women’s skin tends to become flaccid. Belly bands help restore the firmness of your skin.
2. During gestation, your internal organs move out of place to make room for your growing baby. Using a belly band after giving birth will help your organs go back into place.
3. Belly bands provide back support, thus improving your posture.
You’ll be doing a lot of bending and lifting as you care for your newborn. Wearing a belly band will help you maintain your posture and avoid issues down the road.
4. Using a belly band helps your abdomen go back to its original size and shape faster.
5. You’ll notice that your clothes fit better when you wear a belly band underneath them.
Many women feel uncomfortable with their bodies after pregnancy. A belly band can help you feel more confident as you lose the baby weight.
6. Belly bands improve the appearance of your glutes!
7. Using a belly band during the postpartum period helps reduce back pain. If you’re still experiencing back pain after the birth of your baby, a belly band will keep your back straight and help relieve your pain.
Don’t be afraid to use a belly band while you await the arrival of your little one – and after the arrival as well!
If you have any doubts, talk to your doctor and ask for advice about choosing the belly band that’s right for you. Your body will thank you for it!