Recipes for Making Homemade Ice Cream
Who doesn’t get a craving for ice cream from time to time? And what could be better than having homemade ice cream in your refrigerator instead of having to go out and buy it?
Today we’ll tell you how you can make your own ice cream by following the recipes below, step by step.
Homemade ice cream is much easier to make than you might think. Even if you don’t have an ice cream maker, you’ll still get unbelievably creamy and delicious results.
With these basic homemade ice cream recipes, you’ll have the knowhow to create any combination you’d like.
Easy recipes for making homemade ice cream
Basic homemade ice cream recipe
- 8 egg whites
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 cup of evaporated milk
- 1 c/4 cream
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 pinch of salt
- Beat the egg whites with sugar, vanilla essence and a pinch of salt. You should end up with a fluffy yellow cream. How can you tell if you’ve got the right consistency? Lift the beater out of the mix. It should create a letter that takes a few seconds to disappear.
- Once you reach that point, add the evaporated milk and cream. Continue to beat slowly until all of the ingredients are mixed in. Once blended, proceed with freezing.
- To keep the ice cream from crystallization and freezing like ice, you should pour it into ice cube trays. This way, the air that escapes during the freezing process will be less than if you freeze it in a larger container. Freeze the trays for several hours.
- To serve, you can simply remove the ice cream from the trays and serve as is, in ice cube form.
- If you prefer a more traditional presentation, blend the cubes for several minutes and place in a large container. Place back in the freezer for a half hour. Finally, scoop and serve.
- To make other flavors of homemade ice cream, you can add a cup of fruit puree. You can also add a few drops of food coloring to add color.
Homemade chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder
- Chocolate chips
- 1 pinch of salt
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until you have a creamy, fluffy mixture. If you pinch a little between your fingers, it should form a string when you pull your fingers apart. At the same time, if you draw a letter in the mixture, it should take several seconds to disappear. Set aside.
- Place the milk, cream and cocoa in a pan. Stir until the cocoa dissolves and then heat over low heat. Add chocolate chips to the mixture and stir until they melt completely. Add a pinch of salt to bring out the flavor.
- Add the beaten egg yolks and mix well. Leave on heat for several minutes, stirring constantly. Be sure that the mixture doesn’t boil. Remove from heat and allow to cool at room temperature.
- You have two options when it comes to freezing. First, you can use the same technique as in the above recipe, pouring it into ice cube trays. The second option involves pouring the cream into a large metal tray and placing it in the freezer. If you choose the second technique, stir every three hours until it’s time to serve. This will keep the ice cream from crystalizing.
- If you prefer a lighter version, replace the sugar with a cookable sweetener. You can also choose brown sugar, or replace the milk chocolate with dark chocolate.
“Homemade ice cream is much easier to make than you might think. Even if you don’t have an ice cream maker, you’ll still get unbelievably creamy and delicious results.”
Creamy ice cream with only two ingredients
- 1 cup of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup of cream
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk in a large freezer-safe bowl. In a separate bowl, whip the cream and add to the condensed milk.
- Mix well and place in the freezer for several hours.
- To prepare different flavors, just divide the mixture into separate containers and add whatever ingredients you’d like. You can try chocolate, dulce de leche, caramel, nutella, fruit, butterscotch, meringue, etc. You can also add a bit of food coloring.
- Once the ice cream reaches its desired consistency, scoop into bowls or cones.
Each of these recipes will provide you such delicious and creamy results that you’ll forget all about the neighborhood ice cream store.
Besides their mouth watering flavors, they’ll provide you with a great activity to share with your kids. We’re sure you’ll enjoy the time together just as much as you do the final product!