Protein-Rich Recipes for the Second Trimester of Pregnancy
Here are a few protein-rich recipes for the second trimester of pregnancy. As your pregnancy advances, your baby will require more protein. This is especially true after the fifth month when his or her brain and other organs start to grow significantly.
Protein-rich Recipes for the Second Trimester of Pregnancy
The best way to get protein in your diet is to find healthy recipes that also provide other essential nutrients.
Sautéed Beef with Asparagus
- 15 chopped asparagus stalks
- 2 1/2 cups of bean sprouts
- 1 lb of beef
- 1 red pepper
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 5 tablespoons of chicken stock
- 1 lemon
- Blanch the asparagus, putting it boiling water and then in cold water. Cook the beef in the chicken stock and add the asparagus
- Heat the oil in a pan. Then add the garlic, bean sprouts, pepper, and then the beef and asparagus. Sauté for 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Baked Fish with Parsley Sauce
- 2 fillets of cod or another white fish.
- 4 slices of lemon
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon of ground cumin
- Olive oil
- Spread some olive oil over two sheets of aluminium foil. Season the fish with the pepper and place each fillet on a sheet of foil.
- Lay the lemon slices on top of each fillet and seal the fish in the foil. Place in a pre-heated oven at 200°C and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- To make the sauce, mix together the garlic, parsley, cumin, oregano, and oil. Add the sauce to the fish once it"s cooked.
- You can serve this with baked potatoes or a salad.
- 1 bunch of spinach
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 oranges in slices
- Sliced mushrooms
- 50 grams of grated cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and chop the spinach, then boil in salted water. Remove it once tender and place in a dish.
- Then, sauté the garlic and place in the dish.
- Add the mushrooms, orange slices, and cheese.
- Finally, bake in the oven.
- Wholemeal bread
- Low-fat cream cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Chopped cabbage leaves or spinach
- Toast two slices of bread and spread the cream cheese over both.
- Then, place some cooked salmon on one slice of toast.
- Finally, add the slices of tomato, cabbage leaves, and chopped mozzarella.
- 100 grams of green beans
- A handful of peas
- 2 slices of cheese
- 1 potato
- 1 zucchini
- Salt to taste
- Peel and chop the vegetables and boil the potato and the beans.
- After a few minutes, add the peas and the zucchini.
- Leave it to cook until all is tender. Then mash everything, add the cheese, and serve.
Tips for Getting More Protein
As well as considering these protein-rich recipes for the second trimester of pregnancy, make sure that you keep a balanced diet. You need to be sure that you"re getting all the nutrients that both you and your baby need.
Here are some useful tips:
- Change your source of animal protein. One day meat, the other day fish, another day eggs, then poultry, etc.
- Complement animal protein with vegetable protein. When you don"t eat meat, you can eat rice, couscous, lentils, or beans.
- Don"t forget dairy products. By this, we mean milk, yogurt, and cheese.
Protein Intake for Vegetarians
If you"re a vegetarian, you can make sure you get enough protein with eggs, fish, and dairy products. If you don"t eat fish, you"ll have to eat more cereals, vegetables, and dairy products like yogurt, custards, cheeses, etc. These are a great source of amino acids.
Vegetable protein, in contrast with animal protein, is low in fat, rich in fiber, and contains vitamins and minerals. It also helps to control your glycemic index and reduces cholesterol.
“If you"re a vegetarian, you can make sure you get enough protein with eggs, fish, and dairy products."
Effects of Protein Deficiency During Pregnancy
If you don"t get enough protein during the second trimester of pregnancy, this can result in excessive fatigue for the mother. It"s also responsible for cravings to eat sweet things.
This lack of protein also won"t allow your baby to properly develop his or her muscles and joints properly. It can also cause brain damage and poorly formed bones.
This is why these protein-rich recipes for the second trimester of pregnancy can be very important. But, as we always say, don"t hesitate to consult your doctor to find out what specific needs you have during pregnancy.