Try These Delicious Fruit Recipes for Kids
Fruit is a basic part of a healthy diet. However, many often fail to consume the two to three daily servings that experts recommend, especially children. It’s important to get used to eating fruit from an early age, as many habits are created during childhood. So, here’s a list of great fruit recipes for children. They’ll enjoy making them with you and eating them!
Main dishes with fruit
Have you tried adding fruit to main dishes? By mixing something savory with something sweet, such as fruit, you get a delicious flavor contrast for the palate.
Carrot and orange cream soup, among the fruit recipes with more antioxidants
- 1 lb. carrots
- 1/3 lb. of onion
- 2 oranges
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
First of all, peel the onion and cut it into strips. Cook it in a frying pan with a little olive oil. Next, wash the carrots, remove the stems, and cut them. Add them to the pan with water to cover everything, and cook them until they’re well cooked. Meanwhile, squeeze the juice from the oranges and mash it together with the carrot and onion.
Spinach, chickpeas, strawberry, and avocado salad
- 1/3 lb. fresh spinach
- 7 ounces. of cooked chickpeas
- Half an avocado
- 5-6 strawberries
- A handful of unsalted sunflower seeds
- Virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
First, wash the spinach and strawberries by soaking them in water and food bleach. Drain and dry them with kitchen paper. Then peel and remove the avocado pit. Cut it into cubes and set aside on a plate.
Cut the strawberries into slices. Finally, prepare the salad in a bowl by placing the spinach underneath. Then, the chickpeas, avocado, and strawberries. Garnish with the seeds and dress to taste.
Chicken with applesauce
- A quarter of chicken
- 4 apples
- 3 tbsp. virgin olive oil
First, wash the apple, peel it, and cut it into cubes. Place it in a covered deep dish and put it in the microwave for 6 minutes at maximum power. Meanwhile, roast the chicken in the preheated oven with the rosemary for 1 hour at 350ºF. Then mash the apple and serve it with the chicken.
Fruit recipes for making original breakfasts and desserts
Peanut butter toast with banana and cocoa, one of the best fruit recipes for sporty children
- Two slices of bread
- A banana
- One tablespoon of peanut butter
- One tablespoon of pure cocoa powder
First, peel the banana and cut it into slices. Next, toast the bread in the toaster and spread it with the peanut butter. Finally, place the banana on top and sprinkle with cocoa.
- 12 slices of pineapple
- Cinnamon to taste
Just brown each pineapple slice in a frying pan on both sides. Once ready, serve with a little cinnamon on top.
Papaya and mango ice cream: Learn simple fruit recipes for children.
- 1 papaya
- 1 bag of mango
First, peel the papaya and cut it into cubes. Then, freeze both ingredients and grind them until you get a creamy and homogeneous texture. You can even puree them before freezing in order to make popsicles. It’s also the perfect opportunity to encourage kids to try these tropical fruits, although you can use any fruit.
Importance of fruit
Finally, remember that fruit provides your little ones with vitamins and antioxidant minerals that are key to their growth. In addition, they can be consumed in different ways, although the best option is always fresh, whole, and in season.It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Agencia de Salud Pública de Cataluña. Fruita fresca. (2013) Disponible en: http://salutpublica.gencat.cat/web/.content/minisite/aspcat/promocio_salut/alimentacio_saludable/02Publicacions/pub_alim_salu_tothom/monografic-fruita-fresca/fruitafresca_15.pdf
- Agencia de Salud Pública. Colores, sabores y mucha marcha. (2013). Disponible en: http://salutpublica.gencat.cat/web/.content/minisite/aspcat/promocio_salut/alimentacio_saludable/02Publicacions/pub_alim_inf/colors_sabors_molta_marxa/colors_sabors_marxa_2013.pdf
- Fundación Alicia. Recomendaciones durante el tratamiento del cáncer de mama: Recetas).
- 5 al día. Ensalada de espinacas con frutos rojos.
- Carlos Ferrando y Clara Llorens. Healthy Cream: recetario de helados sanos para refrescar tu verano (2019).